Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you'd say...

(11 Posts)
FlyingChristmasTree Mon 11-Dec-17 14:36:12

Have name changed as I'm fairly sure this person is on mumsnet.

I have a 'friend' who I've know for 7 years.
Over the years her dc has stayed at our house extremely frequently until the past couple of years when her need for childcare has lessened.

I can count on both hands how many times the two of us have actually gone out together in all these years.

My DC & I both miss seeing her DC and I have asked her regularly to see them or to have them stay at our house (which they did nearly every weekend when younger) but now I'm not needed as childcare, she says no all the time.

I feel very used and she has always been a bit condescending (almost mother like) to me.

I'm really tired of it all being one sided, I'm tired of being a doormat and I don't want to be friends with her anymore.

But she can really nasty in her replies and I am unwell atm and just don't want to deal with it...

What do I say / how do I go about ending a friendship without all the fallout? 😔

Frustrationqueen Mon 11-Dec-17 14:42:27

Slowly silence and distance yourself.
Dont be available when she wants you.
Ignore your phone and claim you were busy.

Dottie39 Mon 11-Dec-17 14:49:05

Did anything happen ever when they slept over that might be why? Perhaps they don't want to come...

FlyingChristmasTree Mon 11-Dec-17 14:49:52

I've been doing that but she's got really arsey about me not replying and I just can't cope with her nastiness whilst I'm unwell tbh.

FlyingChristmasTree Mon 11-Dec-17 14:51:33

Dottie - nothing. They saw us more than anyone else except their parents, even more than other family so they were always happy to come and we always did loads of trips out too.
I know the reason they aren't coming as much is they are old enough to do kids clubs / stay home alone etc so she doesn't need me as much now.

Frustrationqueen Mon 11-Dec-17 14:52:49

If you dont want to reply or answer the phone then just dont do it.
Let her get arsey about it.
If she is just plain nasty then block completely

Seeline Mon 11-Dec-17 15:08:39

How old are the kids? Could it be that the kids no longer want to come over/ be friends with yours. You can't make kids like each other.

FlyingChristmasTree Mon 11-Dec-17 15:17:45

Mixed ages between 4 and 8.
They don't just play together at home when they come, we rarely stay at home, we go out all sorts of places they wouldn't get to go otherwise. They've always loved going out with us.

Clandestino Mon 11-Dec-17 15:27:34

Block her number. Ignore mails or whatsoever. Distance herself from her and let it go.

FlyingChristmasTree Mon 11-Dec-17 16:40:04

I'm concerned she will just turn up at my house if I block her without saying anything 😬

Frustrationqueen Mon 11-Dec-17 17:09:26

If she does then just be honest and tell her you felt she was being arsey with you and you cba

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: