Talk

Advanced search

To be worn down (Trans related)

(179 Posts)
WillowWept Sun 10-Dec-17 15:09:54

Firstly there’ll be a few of you that say IABU for not sticking this in feminism. I make no apology: people need to know this.

The slide attached is from a CPS endorsed school training programme. It’s in schools now

The training supports any boy to access girls’ private spaces, based only on his own self-declared ‘gender identity’ and enforces the idea that to challenge this is a hate crime.

Girls are being taught to ignore their boundaries - the same ones that all parents work so hard to instil so as not to commit a crime. Putting men’s feelings before their physical safety.

We’re setting up our girls for horrific abuse I’m so tired of fighting this.

HoneyBadgerApparently Sun 10-Dec-17 15:24:44

Have you ever actually experienced abuse from a person who identifies as transgender?

annandale Sun 10-Dec-17 15:27:51

Have you ever encountered a person abusing systems based on trust to access girls, honeybadger?

napmeistergeneral Sun 10-Dec-17 15:28:17

YANBU op. There's much more to say that I don't have time to now but I certainly agree that it is a draining and depressing state of affairs.

hooochycoo Sun 10-Dec-17 15:28:18

Honey badger, it's. It the genuine transgender folk that are the worry. It's the folk who will exploit the change in the law.
There should be a compromise.

Movablefeast Sun 10-Dec-17 15:32:41

It won't be "folk" who will exploit this law it will be biological males.

TrinitySquirrel Sun 10-Dec-17 15:33:40

If we ever have a 2nd child, I will be praying that they are a boy.

I don't want a daughter to grow up in a world where she would once again be seen as something unimportant to protect.

Though in the same instance I also hope I don't ever have a child who ends up following this bullshit trend to identify as trans, because it's the current fecking teenager angst trend and it has passed down to young children, to whom gender shouldn't even mean anything yet. Frankly allowing the shit they are allowing with medicating children will be the biggest scandal of our generation and it wont be recognised until it is way too late.

WillowWept Sun 10-Dec-17 15:33:44

honeybadger

Depends how you define “abused”? A TA threatened online to hunt me down and rape my DD. I’ve been told to die in a fire. Called names.

I didn’t articulate it well in my OP but I’m exhausted by what was thoroughly debunked bad science creeping back into schools.

How can schools be allowed to teach boy / girl brain at the same time as promoting equality of the sexes. It’s suchbregressive stereotypical bullshit

Mulch Sun 10-Dec-17 15:35:23

Safely floating through life not being assaulted by trans people

icelolly99 Sun 10-Dec-17 15:37:18

"The brain tells you whether you are a boy or a girl" ?!.... Our brain 'tells' us lots of things but doesn't always mean it should be listened to and acted upon! hmm

ThisIsNotARealAvo Sun 10-Dec-17 15:38:12

I don't think many of us are threatened by trans people. I don't want men in women's spaces just because they want to be there. There will be a number of predatory men who will want to exploit the current trans for letting people identify as whoever they like.

VegasWithRadishes Sun 10-Dec-17 15:38:19

If you're happy to give up a female space or rights to a bloke (albeit one wearing a dress, who decided a day before he's now sally and a she), why don't you just go ahead and give me your card details?
I mean, sure I'd have access, but I might not actually do anything. You can trust me, right?

B0033 Sun 10-Dec-17 15:38:51

Yanbu. At all.

Lancelottie Sun 10-Dec-17 15:41:23

Whatever your views on transgender rights, that slide is deliberately misleading. Brains are not hardwired. There have been many conflicting studies, and the nearest you can get to a conclusion is that transgender brains resemble their own sex more than they do the opposite.

CecilyP Sun 10-Dec-17 15:46:36

"The brain tells you whether you are a boy or a girl" ?!.... Our brain 'tells' us lots of things but doesn't always mean it should be listened to and acted upon!

But our brains tell us no such thing; at least mine didn't anyway? They might tell us we like things commonly associated with our own sex or with the opposite sex, or a mix of the two but that's about as far as it goes. The thing OP linked to is just awful; utter bullshit and patronising bullshit at that.

CuppaSarah Sun 10-Dec-17 15:47:49

I have ocd. Sometimes my brain tells me I should stab myself and other people. I guess I just identify that way and it's ok to act upon my obsessions and compulsions.

Could have saved myself a lot of time, stress and money learning to manage it angry

overnightangel Sun 10-Dec-17 15:48:16

That’s medically incorrectly
Utter bullshit

hackmum Sun 10-Dec-17 15:49:10

That slide is appalling. It's an out-and-out lie.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 10-Dec-17 15:55:27

A classic example of dumbing information down to the point where it is wrong, non-factual bullshit.

And yes, pretty fucking scary too.

VladmirsPoutine Sun 10-Dec-17 15:55:51

If a man wants to abuse a woman, he won't go through the rigmarole of 'identifying' as a woman to gain access to you. He will just abuse regardless. There aren't spades of transwomen waiting in changing rooms to grab your tits.

That said, I think this gender movement has gone too fucking far.

Hugepeppapigfan Sun 10-Dec-17 15:56:40

I’m a teacher and I’m really dreading this kind of thing coming to my school. I haven’t quite processed what I’ll do about it yet but I know I need to. :-/

hackmum Sun 10-Dec-17 15:59:32

I really wish Ben Goldacre was still writing his bad science column.

B0033 Sun 10-Dec-17 16:01:37

He won't have a rigmarole to go through though, will he? He'll just say it and then he is. Simple as.

HumphreyCobblers Sun 10-Dec-17 16:04:29

Yes Vladimir, there IS no rigmarole. Just say you are a woman and the girl complaining about you standing in the changing room staring at her has committed a hate crime.

overnightangel Sun 10-Dec-17 16:04:40

I fail to see how people can “identify” (that very word makes my piss fizz) as something if they’ve never been it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now