Talk

Advanced search

Toddler Bedding

(16 Posts)
Emerald92 Sat 09-Dec-17 21:36:55

Hi everyone

Our DD is 16mo and still in a cot. It's so bitterly cold and our heating is temperamental at best. She usually sleeps in a long sleeved best, babygrow, sleeping bag and a blanket.

WIBU to try her with a pillow and cot duvet? She still moves around the cot a lot so I'm not sure.

Sunshinegirl82 Sat 09-Dec-17 21:42:47

I found my DS just kicked the duvet off so he ended up colder. What tog sleeping bag is he in? You can get 3.5 tog bags with sleeves from Jojo and slumbersac which might help?

bonzo77 Sat 09-Dec-17 21:45:44

Long sleeve 3.5 tog slumber sac. DS3 is 2.3 and all cosy. They do adult ones too.

KindergartenKop Sat 09-Dec-17 21:47:14

A single duvet turned the wrong way and tucked in is quite effective.

isthistoonosy Sat 09-Dec-17 21:47:56

Put fleecy pjs over the babygrow if he is cold, stick with the sleeping bag for now.

FATEdestiny Sat 09-Dec-17 21:53:06

My toddler is in 2.5 tog sleeping bag and a fleecy onesie. If especially cold I'd add a vest and socks.

HeavyMetalMummy Sat 09-Dec-17 22:19:06

Christ! I feel neglectful now, my DD sleeps in a cotton sleep suit, no vest. She has a quilt though The duvet was never objected to,showed it to her and let her play with it during the day before bedtime. Picked a cover with a favoured design (stars, she's bat shit crazy for stars) wouldn't bother with the pillow.

HeavyMetalMummy Sat 09-Dec-17 22:22:18

Oh, yeah, tuck bottom of the quilt under the end of the mattress so it doesn't end up all over the place. Means they can kick it off but not get balled up in it.

Littlecaf Sat 09-Dec-17 22:24:29

They can have a toddler duvet from 1, so go for it if you want.

Emerald92 Sun 10-Dec-17 19:35:18

Thanks everyone! Hard to know what to do for the best!

BeeFarseer Sun 10-Dec-17 19:37:59

My DS is just two and won't have anything covering him, but also won't go in a sleeping bag because he wants to move around. We've given up and he wears comfortable warm daytime clothes to bed.

Sunshinegirl82 Sun 10-Dec-17 21:27:36

Slumbersac and Jojo both do sleeping bags with legs/feet so they can move about without getting tangled up. The Jojo one is like a padded sleepsuit with detachable arms.

WendyLikesSaltyTruffles Sun 10-Dec-17 22:57:40

We've just bought a little electric heater for our 2 year olds bedroom. Its a mini dimplex one from argos with a thermostat. Bloody brilliant. can't recommend enough.

Dixiestampsagain Mon 11-Dec-17 01:43:07

My dd was about that age when she went into a toddler bed with a pillow and quilt (hated her cot)- she slept really well. She used to kick the quilt off, even in the really cold weather (and sill does at 7!).

ProseccoMamam Mon 11-Dec-17 03:56:25

My toddler sleeps in normal PJ's and has a cellular blanket, normal quilt and pillow in his cot, has done since he moved into it from 6m. Heating is constantly on though and his windows are closed at night so he room is never really cold.

3luckystars Mon 11-Dec-17 04:09:20

I just bought a quilt in ikea 2 weeks ago, baby similar age, I thought she would hate it but is getting used to it now. She suddenly hated the growbag and wanted to be able to stand up so I had to get he quilt.

My friend puts one set of pyjamas over another, so the baby wears 2 sleepsuits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now