Talk

Advanced search

To address card 'Nanny' from my child.

(9 Posts)
missfluffy Thu 07-Dec-17 21:10:15

Have NC for this in case I can be identified by other threads!

Bit of a dilemma here - so I have addressed Christmas cards and presents, to nanny and grandad, however this is my dads long term partner. She talks of nanny duties but when talking to baby just refers to herself as her name and not nanny.

So I've written this card already but now wondering would it be wrong of me to give it?

Would anyone be disheartened by this?

Not a marjorly close family but my mums partner made it clear he wanted to be known as grandad so no problem there!!

Please help before I make a tit of myself !

kaytee87 Thu 07-Dec-17 21:11:28

I think she'll probably be pleased if she talks of nanny duties. She's probably worried about using the name in case you don't want her to or something x

minisoksmakehardwork Thu 07-Dec-17 21:12:29

Can you put 'nanny [name]'. Is it possible she doesn't want to step on your mum's toes, or memory of your mum isn't around?

Worst case scenario she continues to refer to herself as [name] and you'll know to drop Nanny.

strawberrypenguin Thu 07-Dec-17 21:13:24

I think it’s nice actually. Shows you think of her as part of the family

LemonysSnicket Thu 07-Dec-17 21:13:28

Agree with above ^ I know my Stepmom will probably self refer as 'Stacey' ( not real name) as we've always referred to her as that and she wouldn't want to step on mums toes. But, if we called her any 'nanny' type name she would be thrilled and feel very accepted.

kitkatsky Thu 07-Dec-17 21:14:06

I would call her nanny name. Your child is a baby so won’t have a massive pref to call her whatever. This approach respects the relationship without any pressure imo

Glumglowworm Thu 07-Dec-17 21:26:28

If you’re happy for your stepmum to be nanny then do it, it sounds like she’ll be thrilled and is just being careful not to step on your mums toes which is lovely.

limitedscreentime Thu 07-Dec-17 21:37:41

We call our childrens step parent 'granX' - not a ma or a pa but still in the family....

missfluffy Thu 07-Dec-17 22:01:52

Thank you for your responses. I'd like to think she'd be very happy about it! Have to wait and see grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: