Talk

Advanced search

Who is BU?

(9 Posts)
furryous Thu 07-Dec-17 17:03:11

Keeping details limited for impartial advice.

Person a has tickets for an event. Offers them to person b day before said event (after offering them around). Person but says yeah I'm off that day, sounds awesome.

Person a texts next day to arrange payment. Person b says yeah cool can't wait to go etc. But no payment forthcoming.

Person a waits around all day, can't start dinner in case I need to dash out to meet to give the tickets.

Person a texts 3 hours before event as no word. Person b says 'oh no I'm not going now'.

I then call person b and (politely) said, 'in future, if you don't want to go, if you could let people know so they can sell the tickets to someone else?' I am very close to this person so they would be very disappointed if someone else got there first, so didn't put them up for sale on fb etc after offering them.

Person b hung up on me and blocked me. Yes I am person a. Is person b overreacting?

Creatureofthenight Thu 07-Dec-17 17:06:01

Yes person b is overreacting and is a bit of a dick for messing you about.

MrsPicklesonSmythe Thu 07-Dec-17 17:07:27

Person b is a twat and needs to pay for ticket if they agreed to it in advance of the day.

Didn't need all the person a person b stuff though, just makes it harder to understand.

Iloveacurry Thu 07-Dec-17 17:07:36

Yes person b is overreacting. They should of told you earlier that they didn’t want to go.

Trinity66 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:10:23

Person B is an ass, I presume you are Person A? grin

Shoxfordian Thu 07-Dec-17 17:13:31

Person B shouldn't have waited around all day and should have chased up payment more but person A is wrong for not saying she didn't want the tickets sooner

Cuntnip Thu 07-Dec-17 17:13:38

Person B is a dick.

Trinity66 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:15:14

Maybe person B originally thought you were giving them the tickets as a gift and changed their mind when they realised you wanted payment for them?

Ceebs85 Thu 07-Dec-17 17:21:56

Person a and b just nade a simple AIBU more confusing than it needed to be.

Were you very clear from the start you expected money for the the tickets?

Although either way its unfair she didn't tell you sooner and yes I'd be bloody annoyed too! So YANBU!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now