Talk

Advanced search

Would you risk it? Foul smelling tan

(18 Posts)
Flinkyflonk Thu 07-Dec-17 13:24:49

More of a what would you do.

So, after a really shitty couple of months (which have seen me looking like the ghost of Xmas past, drinking lots of wine and listening to songs to make me cry - thanks for that thread last week btw grin) DH is taking me away tomorrow on a spa weekend. We're leaving straight after school drop-off. Whoohoo!!

So I've just had a bath, then a shower (I know, I know, and after reading that thread on being more eco-friendly too confused), shaved all my bits, and go to get my fake take and... it's gone!!

Quick text to DD reveals she took it ages ago and forgot to bring it back! angryangryangry

I've been rifling through the bathroom cabinets and have found and older one with a little bit left which I thought might possibly do one very light coating. But it stinks! As in, not like the normal fake tan smell, but a chemical/off nasty smell. And it looks a bit green on the lower half of the one leg I've put it on.

WIBU to risk it and just go for it, and hope that I don't end up either burning myself or looking grotbags for the weekend (the wine drinking and chocolate eating haven't been easy on the hips shock)

WWYD? Has anyone used off fake tan and it all worked out ok???

tendergreenbean Thu 07-Dec-17 13:43:44

Noooo don't risk being green and irritated! I'm particularly self conscious, but it would ruin my relaxing weekend if I was wondering whether everyone else thought I looked like shrek.

Does the spa have a beauty salon attached as lot's do? I'd cope with being pale for the weekend, but treat myself to a spray tan before going home. Then turn up the heating and sit around in a bikini for a few days after getting home and force my DH to admire my enviable glow.

Or those devil sunbeds won't do any harm as a one off - a couple of minutes of the UV in the winter can do wonders for mood etc. anyway. Just so long as it's not habitual use, or you're not super pale. I do perhaps 2 sunbed sessions a year (literally for 2-3 minutes at a time, I'm pretty pale) when it's getting dark early and freezing cold. I'm pretty sure I don't get any browner but I feel like I am and get a confidence boost. Dr couldn't see any problem with this and couldn't really understand why I was checking it was OK - I know it's not for everyone though.

PinkHeart5914 Thu 07-Dec-17 13:50:08

shock Noooooooo don’t do it! Imagine if you turn green for this weekend away, your dh will have to have sex with someone resembling the hulk and your have to walk round like it and people will notice

Can you nip to the shop? But tbh it’s December nothing wrong with being pale

Flinkyflonk Thu 07-Dec-17 13:55:26

Thanks Tendergreen

I am booked in for 2 treatments tomorrow afternoon (bliss) then we are going swimming, and I could not subject the other bathers to my translucent glow! I am practically see through - apart from the freckles grin

I can't go out today for a spray tan either, as I need to wait in for a delivery.

I could wait for DD to get in from work with my non-smelly fake bake, but I'm all bathed and ready. This was my plan for the day! (I could throttle DD right now)

I might have to risk it fenvy

Flinkyflonk Thu 07-Dec-17 13:57:58

*Pinkheart
But you haven't seen my pale. I look ill with no tan on, so many people say that to me!

Couldn't risk sunbeds (got burnt on the lowest setting once, had a lovely big red apple arse for going on holiday)

Flinkyflonk Thu 07-Dec-17 13:58:35

DS would love it if I looked like the hulk mind yougrin

tendergreenbean Thu 07-Dec-17 14:26:39

Go all out, get yourself some ripped purple shorts - tell everyone who stares that you identify as the hulk and smash things if they complain.

MikeUniformMike Thu 07-Dec-17 14:28:49

If you are going swimming don't bother, chlorine strips off the fake tan.

MikeUniformMike Thu 07-Dec-17 14:29:15

Enjoy your weekend.

specialsubject Thu 07-Dec-17 14:54:42

don't do it. Oompa loompa juice reeks anyway, sounds like this one is really off.

no one is looking at you, but if you are green or dyed like a Hollywood fool they certainly will be.

specialsubject Thu 07-Dec-17 14:55:18

and the people who tell you that you look ill without fake tan - make them ill by issuing a well deserved slap for rudeness.

Flinkyflonk Thu 07-Dec-17 15:50:11

I should do shouldn't I Special. It's so rude!

I have done it. I have used the green, smelly fake tan. Even the dog seems a bit put off by it grin

If I turn green, I'll be sure to post a picture as a warning to others or a recommendation for next Halloween

loveka Thu 07-Dec-17 15:54:02

Is it fake bake? I have used it in this state, green and foul. The tan I got wasn't as deep as usual, but no ill effects otherwise.

I have so many half bottles of the stuff. The problem is thatI find the smell offensive.
So I really don't know why I keep buying it !

Flinkyflonk Thu 07-Dec-17 16:08:09

*Loveka
Yep, fake bake 60 minute tan. I don't usually mind the smell but this is a whole new level of ghastliness.

Pleased to hear you never turned green though!

TheNewMrs Thu 07-Dec-17 16:22:43

Check with the spa if they'll let you in if you've used fake tan OP - I've been to a few in the North East that you don't let you in with fake tan on smile

Flinkyflonk Thu 07-Dec-17 21:20:05

But how would they know NewMrs?

Assuming I'm not a she-hulk in the morning, I should just look like a naturally bronzed beauty (ahem).

ShirleyPhallus Thu 07-Dec-17 21:21:53

I’ve used absolutely green, stinking and completely out of date fake bake and it was absolutely fine! So I’d say go for it. Only stinky overnight then fine when you wash it off

And ALWAYS keep a spare bottle of 3 hour express st tropez for emergencies

Flinkyflonk Fri 08-Dec-17 10:35:15

*Shirley
If anything, my tan looks better and more natural than ever! We might be on onto something here hmm

(Disclaimer: I haven't asked DH if I smell grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now