Talk

Advanced search

To want DC3

(9 Posts)
Coffeeforever Thu 07-Dec-17 10:32:25

I have 2 DCs under 3 and am really keen to start TTC DC3 in the new year. This would give us a gap of 18/19 months between DC2 & DC3 presuming it happened straight away (which in all likelihood it wouldnt).

DH is up for a third, though would happily stick at 2. He shares my view that if we are going to do it, we may as well do the baby/toddler stages all at once whilst we are already in the thick of it. I feel pretty certain we should go for a small gap (we have conceived the others with pretty much no trying at all but appreciate that we could have a longer journey this time).

My main hesitation is work as I would be going back pregnant/getting pregnant soon after my return in my ideal situation.

AIBU to think that 3 under 4 would be ok? And that i wouldnt be killing my career forever have 3 mat leaves in quick succession? Has anybody else done this?

Frederickvonhefferneffer Thu 07-Dec-17 10:35:52

If you really want 3 then just go for it.

Coffeeforever Thu 07-Dec-17 11:01:51

You are probably right - we can deal with the impact later. And I think I would really regret not having a third. I do not feel at all done

PinkHeart5914 Thu 07-Dec-17 11:12:23

I’ve got ds 27 months, dd 16 months and I am expecting baby 3 later this month. I will have 3 under 3 and I think it’s fine as Me and dh have coped with 2 dc just 11 months apart very well. My thinking is very much you might as well have them all together all close in age.

I can’t answer about your career though as I work for myself so different for me

Bumplovin Thu 07-Dec-17 15:28:10

I would like 3 dc and am going to start trying for #2 at Christmas. I feel a bit anxious about what work will say if I conceive after returning from maternity leave but I'm 36 so don't want to wait too long

DailyMaileatmyshit Thu 07-Dec-17 16:16:06

From the a sustainability perspective YABU, as the planet cannot support a continually growing population.

However, if you want three and can afford three, then do it.

Silverthorn Thu 07-Dec-17 16:19:04

I would love a third but dh is against it. 😟
If you both want it, then you can make it work.

Coffeeforever Thu 07-Dec-17 17:41:39

It sounds very selfish but I hadn't even considered it from an environmental/ sustainability perspective and I don't think this aspect would play a role in my decision blush

Work really is my only concern. We can afford a 3rd but couldn't afford for me to be a sahm. And I don't want to be which is why I'm worried about the career impact

Bumplovin Thu 07-Dec-17 18:26:57

I feel the same with worries over work but having a family is really important to me and I've decided that my career may have to suffer slightly at the end of the day it's my family that will be around in years to come. I know that doesn't help at all if you are very career minded. My career was a big part of my life pre kids but my perspective has changed since having my daughter

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: