Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up of the nocturnal chuckling of my wife ?

(24 Posts)
PappaWolf Wed 06-Dec-17 23:32:06

My wife is reading some post on AIBU which she clearly finds most titivating based on the amount of chuckling. AIBU to find this a little vexing when it wakes our child ?

Insomnibrat Wed 06-Dec-17 23:33:51

YABU not to just turn and mention it to her.

Stompythedinosaur Wed 06-Dec-17 23:34:41

In our house the rule is that if you wake the child, you get to settle the child after.

You sound a bit weirdly resentful of your wife reading something funny though.

PappaWolf Wed 06-Dec-17 23:36:46

But is it that funny ? She’s sounding like Mutley and I’m worried she may stop breathing

salmonofwisdom Wed 06-Dec-17 23:37:22

YABU to spell titillating as titivating.

Stompythedinosaur Wed 06-Dec-17 23:39:17

What and unkind message to leave about your partner. I assume you yourself are only a delight to be around.

As you are putting this somewhere you clearly want your partner to see it, I have to wonder why you are deliberately tryibg to hurt her?

TrojansAreSmegheads Wed 06-Dec-17 23:44:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TwoIsQuiteEnoughThankyou Wed 06-Dec-17 23:45:32

I think she's probably reading the thread about Janet owning running. It's definitely a regular snort inducer.

Bambamber Wed 06-Dec-17 23:46:53

Now I'm in trouble from snorting at reading this. Im always getting in trouble for chuckling at things i read online. I would certainly be concerned about her laughing like mutley though, any time I laugh like that it's normally because I need a puff on my inhaler

AdoraBell Wed 06-Dec-17 23:53:52

Yes, YABU, you should join in the mirth.

SheGotBetteDavisEyes Wed 06-Dec-17 23:56:09

If you're my DH from two nights ago, then fair enough. I did snort a bit over a sequin/vulva gag.

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Wed 06-Dec-17 23:57:40

Am I the only one who read this as lighthearted/tongue in cheek?

BitOfFun Wed 06-Dec-17 23:57:51

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I got told off for laughing on my own like a weirdo over these this week.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 06-Dec-17 23:59:17

You should ask, "what are they saying on MN?" on a loop, like my DH does.

Autumnskiesarelovely Thu 07-Dec-17 00:00:07

Did you know there is a similar thread from a wife about her husband going on Mumsnet just to complain about her waking up the child? It’s really funny...

DiegoMadonna Thu 07-Dec-17 00:00:35

Titivating is actually another word altogether:

tit·i·vate
ˈtidəˌvāt/
verb informal
gerund or present participle: titivating
1. make small enhancing alterations to (something).
"she slapped on her warpaint and titivated her hair"
synonyms:groom, smarten (up), spruce up, freshen up, preen, primp, 2. tidy, arrange, gussy up, doll up
"she titivated herself in front of the hall mirror"

cakedup Thu 07-Dec-17 00:02:59

No DonnyAndVladSittingInATree it seems very obviously lighthearted to me!

WorraLiberty Thu 07-Dec-17 00:05:28

It's really obviously lighthearted but totally criiiiiinge too.

I'm literally reading between the fingers that are covering my eyes blush

<< Shudders >>

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Thu 07-Dec-17 00:08:58

My husband gets annoyed sometimes when I am on MN late. For some reason I ony ever seem to find funny (actually laugh out loud...or vibrate and try to laugh silently) threads at like 4am blush

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Thu 07-Dec-17 00:14:13

I don’t have a husband. But I do now understand why the cat looks at me funny. It’s the mutley inspired laugh.

FiFiLaPoodle Thu 07-Dec-17 00:14:34

Two words...

Separate rooms

gingergenius Thu 07-Dec-17 07:59:54

Yep. It's definitely the Janet thread!

thewisestoldelf Thu 07-Dec-17 09:40:31

bitoffun

Fuck sake I'm actually crying with laughter at my desk in work 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

GoodChristmasGuest Thu 07-Dec-17 09:51:05

YADNBU. Honestly, my dh drives me nuts with this. Some things (really not funny things ) make him literally cry with laughter. The whole sofa/bed shudders and shakes and he sorts or squeals/cries and does a 'woo hoo hoo' type of laugh. While shaking violently. While I'm trying to sleep angry I have asked him to please only watch anything remotely amusing, such as, ( for the 1000th time) the video of the man making the turkeys gobble when he's in another room angry He still cries with laughter at it. confused

Bloody wish I could have a separate room.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: