Talk

Advanced search

About this leaf-blowing? (Yes really)

(10 Posts)
moutonfou Wed 06-Dec-17 20:34:02

We live near a gated community. Today I saw a gardening company clearing the leaves from the street that leads to it with a leaf-blower, and gradually working them all up to the point where the public road begins, then just ditching them!

AIBU to think that's pretty rude?

Trailedanderror Wed 06-Dec-17 20:34:48

What did they say when you pointed that out?

moutonfou Wed 06-Dec-17 20:39:31

I didn't say anything; in traditional British style I just silently judged and then posted it on MN.

Trailedanderror Wed 06-Dec-17 20:54:25

wink
It's pretty antisocial, I wonder what the council would say? Although practically speaking if it's going to be swept up from the road, rather than bagged up, stored and then taken away the first is simpler.
Leaf blowers are very antisocial to start with imo!

Louiselouie0890 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:00:56

Were they piling them together to pick them up later?

MrsCrabbyTree Wed 06-Dec-17 22:12:01

Many years ago we had a neighbour who sorted leaves into piles belonging to each tree he thought they fell from. He would then deliver the piles of leaves to the nature strip of the neighbour who had 'that' tree. Us neighbours, well, we just shrugged our shoulders and mostly left the leaves which would then again blow down to the front of his house. This was in the days prior to leaf blowers so a lot of physical work was involved for nutty neighbour.

stopfuckingshoutingatme Wed 06-Dec-17 22:19:06

grin to silently judging grin

Lilliepixie Wed 06-Dec-17 22:22:26

Then they come and bag them up

stopfuckingshoutingatme Wed 06-Dec-17 22:40:03

Mrs crabby grin that’s so funny and so English !

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 07-Dec-17 00:05:39

grin silently judged

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: