Talk

Advanced search

To think I should have things sorted by now?

(6 Posts)
inevershouldhave Wed 06-Dec-17 16:25:31

Am 36.

Everything's wrong.

Is it too late for everything to be put right?

katmarie Wed 06-Dec-17 16:34:58

I'm 36 too. What exactly do you think is wrong? I realised a while ago that my life seemed like it was all wrong and I should be doing better, because I was constantly comparing myself to others instead of asking myself what made me happy. I made some changes based on making me happy and more comfortable with myself, and stopped comparing myself to other people and the milestones they hit. It made the world of difference, and I'm generally overall much happier with my life, even though my peers are far 'ahead' of me in a lot of ways.

inevershouldhave Wed 06-Dec-17 16:39:08

I can't imagine feeling like that ... no security, it's just all wrong.

No job. And I can't get one and everyone will say I can and I can't

upperlimit Wed 06-Dec-17 16:45:36

It depends. Why do other people think you can get a job but you do not?

I'm just trying to work out if this is a crisis of confidence or if other people are minimising the barriers in your way to getting into work?

inevershouldhave Wed 06-Dec-17 17:35:37

I meant on here really, but I feel worthless

upperlimit Wed 06-Dec-17 18:55:39

Most people do jobs that don't really deliver any great value to society at large. I'm certainly not saving any lives.

Having a job would make your life a lot easier and might improve your self esteem. But please don't labour under the idea that you would be more worthwhile because of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now