Talk

Advanced search

To think this country urgently needs effective opposition to Brexit?

(6 Posts)
Launderetta Wed 06-Dec-17 11:06:11

Because it's all being horrifically managed as it is now.
It truly scares me, but I don't know what influence I can have; I know I'm not alone - but what can we do??

araiwa Wed 06-Dec-17 11:10:40

Who would have thought that a bunch of lying, incompetent shysters would turn out to be a bunch of lying , incompetent shysters when they actually had to do some hard work and its all a complete shit show now

FlowerPot1234 Wed 06-Dec-17 11:15:09

What do you mean by opposition to Brexit OP? Opposing the referendum result?

tiggytape Wed 06-Dec-17 11:18:26

What you can do depends on whether you mean opposition to Brexit (as in cancelling Brexit) or whether when you talk about "opposition" you mean the main opposition party (Labour) and the belief that they would do a better job of negotiating Brexit and manage it more smoothly?

The options in the first instance would be joining and/or campaigning for the the Lib Dems and the other political groups that exist with a view to oppose Brexit altogether. A lot of them are online, organise marches and petitions and getting news into the public view.

If you mean you prefer Labour's vision on bringing about Brexit then campaigning for / joining the Labour Party might be the way to go.

Since there are groups that already represent both points of view, it makes sense to join forces with the one that best represents your beliefs.

TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 11:32:29

Seen this today? www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-brexit-impact-assessments-uk-economy-sectors-industry-eu-withdrawal-mps-select-committee-a8094481.html

You literally couldn't make this shit up - yet more lies they've been spinning for months now. No impsct assessments have been done. This is complete madness.

Launderetta Thu 07-Dec-17 09:52:44

Thanks for your replies.
Other, longer threads on here so I'll leave this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now