Talk

Advanced search

To ask if this is normal after 12 month immunisations?

(6 Posts)
LittleLionMansMummy Wed 06-Dec-17 09:51:49

Shamelessly posting here for traffic do I can get some quick responses.

I'll preface this by saying dd has been ill (again) since Sunday, so I don't know if this is down to that or her immunisations which were yesterday.

She's had a slight temperature which I'm putting down to jabs as it was the booster meningitis one. But she seems in a lot of pain in her legs and when I carry her she desperately struggles to get into a different position and cries a lot. She has no energy at all but isn't sleeping peacefully at night either (due to cough which doesn't seem to be getting better). He snot is bright green today whereas it had been clear and watery. She wants cuddling all the time and just sits there, if I try to leave her for even a few seconds she's in tears. Which is fine, I want to cuddle her and help her get better but dh is no use as i think he has some kind of respiratory infection (currently at docs) and i also have a 7yo ds and am supposed to be working ft (from home). I've told my employer though and am doing my best to meet deadlines and take/ make calls etc.

Anyway, I've taken her to the docs a lot recently because now she's in childcare she's picking up everything going and has already been on antibiotics once for double ear and throat infection. I don't want to go if her symptoms are just a result of jabs combined with a cold.

How have other people's dc responded to the 12 month jabs? Just don't want to be seen as 'one of those' parents down the gp/ walk in every 5 mins.

ZigZagandDustin Wed 06-Dec-17 09:53:05

I thinking when you've had a few symptoms post shots, especially ones not in the list of expected reactions (mild temp is expected) I'd go back to doc for a check and a chat.

DesignedForLife Wed 06-Dec-17 10:05:26

They shouldn't have let you have the vaccines if she was already ill for this very reason- you've no idea what's reaction and what's illness.

It's normal for the vaccine site (legs) to be sore. DS was sore for a couple weeks after 12 month jabs. Temperature and grouchyness is normal. Snotty nose is just normal for the age group. But if you think they've got a chest infection and are struggling to breathe you should see GP.

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 06-Dec-17 10:15:07

That's the trouble Designed I'm not sure I would know a chest infection from a normal cough - I didn't even recognise it in myself a couple of years ago, and at least I could articulate my symptoms! Just thought it was a virus that would get better on its own. Until it didn't.

mrsdane Wed 06-Dec-17 10:19:28

My baby is having her's at 11.30. Dreading it...

DesignedForLife Wed 06-Dec-17 22:40:42

How is she now?

With babies and young children they only seem to treat coughs if they are having problems breathing- demonstrated by sucking in under the ribs, rapid breathing or nostril flaring, or persistent coughing with no breath. At least that's what I found with DS who had bronciolitus about 10 times in the first year of life. Hope your DD is on the mend. In future it's probably best delaying jabs for a week if they've got anything beyond a snotty nose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now