Talk

Advanced search

Pom Bear, Anyone? Can we have a thread about threads, please?

(35 Posts)
AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 06-Dec-17 09:39:20

Or, to be more specific, everyone's favorite thread?

Insomnia and d/v caused me to find myself browsing through Classics last night/this morning.

So far, I've done:

Pom Bear
Cube of Poo
The one with turtle boy and the naked panpipe lady.

Anything else I need to read? I did @Tidydancer@s wedding ans takeout threads when I first signed up.

What are your favorites?

AmySueGina Wed 06-Dec-17 09:40:35

Opiate addicted baby is a sad but inspiring thread.

Elderly Korean Lady is good fun.

AfunaMbatata Wed 06-Dec-17 09:41:14

Elderly Korean lady! -best thread ever IMO.

SoupDragon Wed 06-Dec-17 09:43:41

I found EKL really dull. I suspects it's one of those threads where you had to be ther watchcing it unfold.

I love the "least professional moments" the threads. Some of those have actually left me crying with laughter.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 06-Dec-17 09:45:38

Emin made me cry 😐

This thread may be useful for people who ask "who is EKL" etc too!

Ooh...any threads involving Sharon! From the way the poster types, I have a feeling I know her...

MissionItsPossible Wed 06-Dec-17 09:47:30

Can someone explain why TAAT's aren't allowed? Especially ones that didn't make it into Classics and are now gone?

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 06-Dec-17 09:49:28

Mission I'd like to know that too.

AmySueGina Wed 06-Dec-17 09:49:35

Soup You're absolutely right. I was fortunate enough to watch it unfold but I understand it might not bear re-reading.

Yes, least professional moments are great. There was one were a poster had accidentally cupped her bosses bollocks going for a handshake/hug thing. That cracked me up.

LittleLights Wed 06-Dec-17 09:50:29

What's the CF holiday house one called?

"Your minge" is quite funny but only for a short while.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 06-Dec-17 09:52:08

Little Mexican house thief?

TidyDancer Wed 06-Dec-17 09:54:24

Mexican house thief was one of the greatest stories on here. I was stunned and amused in equal measure.

Thanks for the mention OP, I'm always amused when people remember Gluezilla haha!

BelfastSmile Wed 06-Dec-17 09:58:35

I love Elderly Korean Lady, and the one where the OP asks a question about a buggy and then replies to herself 5 years later (though I don't think it's in Classics).

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 06-Dec-17 10:00:17

Horses at the Olympics.
Trip advisor revies

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Dec-17 10:00:56

'He Has Eaten A Fat Ball' still makes me laugh when I think about it.

LittleLights Wed 06-Dec-17 10:02:27

Yes Mexican house thief!

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 06-Dec-17 10:07:46

TIIIIIIIDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had any good takeouts recently? 😅😅

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Dec-17 10:08:28

Also, just thought we'd mention, on the quiet, like <glances over both shoulders and leans on fence post>, we may just be asking you to nominate your favourite threads from 2017 in the near future. And there might even be <taps nose> PRIZES and that (more of the MN mug variety than the three-week cruise variety in all likelihood, but still, prizes). Do look out for a thread over the next few days and post your nominations.

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 06-Dec-17 10:08:35

The house cleaning one mwlted me a little. THAT was MN at it's best!

RebeccaCloud9 Wed 06-Dec-17 10:09:17

Fat ball (loved the sheer incredulity at his behaviour) and the ultimate classic penis beaker.

Apileofballyhoo Wed 06-Dec-17 10:12:30

The poster whose colleague put her lunch in the bin. But I never found out what happened in the end!

Amber0685 Wed 06-Dec-17 10:13:40

www.mumsnet.com/features/15-legendary-threads

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Wed 06-Dec-17 10:14:17

I found a shopping list the other day, actually! Got DH to read it to me. Tampons, verruca cream, spaghetti hoops and tarragon! Not even Naice hoops!

(Off thread, if someone can explain to me logic of piling pasta shapes onto toast, I'll send them a mug myself!)

SoupDragon Wed 06-Dec-17 10:16:08

ultimate classic penis beaker.

I don't think classic is the right word. Again, I suspect this is a "had to be there" thread.

tillytown Wed 06-Dec-17 10:25:24

Willy Willy Willy I love this stupid thread

PenelopePimpleBottom Wed 06-Dec-17 10:51:22

I pooed on my skirt today is a hilarious thread dedicated to the collection of stories about bodily functions. Felt so sorry for the op but when everyone came out in solidarity with their own unfortunate incidents it turned into something truly funny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now