Advanced search

To stick my kid in front of Hey Duggee all morning?

(17 Posts)
TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 09:15:22

I have a really nasty cold. One of my twins has it too and is really suffering. The other one is being an absolute angel (a rare occurrence!), playing happily on his own or right now sitting quietly in his bouncer watching Hey Duggee and being wildly entertained by it while I tend to his distressed and grizzly (and horribly snotty) sibling. I feel like I should turn off the TV and take him out as I feel so guilty, but my head is pounding and I have my hands full.

Is it wrong to let him sit there having his brain melted for an hour or two?!

TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 09:15:59

They're 14 months if that makes a difference

babybubblescomingsoon Wed 06-Dec-17 09:17:16

If you take him out, you risk running yourself down and being ill for another day longer. A few hours of TV won't kill him. Rest up flowers

Tobuyornot99 Wed 06-Dec-17 09:17:59

I think that's absolutely fine!
I worked last night and haven't slept yet, so dd is eating toast and watching TV, hopefully she will nap soon (as will I), it's one day, it's absolutely not going to harm anyone.
Hope you feel better soon.

TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 09:22:53

Thanks ladies. They don't really nap well any more (might get one in after lunch if I'm lucky, but often they're not simultaneous) so it's much needed right now!

GreatDuckCookery Wed 06-Dec-17 09:24:25

Absolutely fine. Duvet and sandwiches and tv on.

Hope you’re all better soon.

EdmundCleverClogs Wed 06-Dec-17 09:25:14

I did it with my two year old when I was recovering from a gallbladder attack the other morning. Hey Duggee is the only thing that doesn’t drive me insane on repeat (worst thing I ever did was put on Little Baby Bum videos). Hope you feel better soon!

TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 10:07:36

Yes, Hey Duggee even makes me laugh every now and then - the rest make me feel much worse than I already do! Hope the gallstones have passed, had mine out years ago and the attacks were awful.

I wouldn’t purely because I find kids cartoons annoying. My DD (luckily) loves a good film or two!
If they are happy in front of a tv though then it’ll be doing you some good to get better quicker. If you push yourself you’ll just delay getting better so I say let them watch it fwink

Doubletrouble42 Wed 06-Dec-17 10:16:45

One of my one year old twins had an ear infection last week and wouldn't let me put her down for about 3 days. Luckily other twin has developed an obsession for Justin off ceebeebies. She watched so much I'm worried she'll start calling him dad. You do what you have to. Thanks be for sky on demand x

TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 10:25:46

Can't wait til they'll sit through a film! Sadly no rest for me, his brother is in a very sorry state, but much easier to wrangle one than too.

The only other thing that holds their attention is pop music videos - they have a fondness for lady gaga and Megan trainor. Not sure which is worse confused

TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 10:26:51

Oh poor you Double, hope she's feeling better. I cannot bloody stand Justin, it all feels a bit sinister - luckily they're not fussed!

MissDuke Wed 06-Dec-17 10:27:17

flowers Take care op!

MyEternalSunshine Wed 06-Dec-17 10:29:39

I've never understood the issue of tv with kids. Mine love tv and I love them chilling out together watching a show rather than rowing over stealing each other's toys! It doesn't 'melt brains' I promise wink

Glumglowworm Wed 06-Dec-17 10:30:55

Yadnbu! Hope you and snotty twin feel better soon!

TammySwansonTwo Wed 06-Dec-17 10:38:30

Thanks so much ladies - I always feel guilty since there's always one who's needing more attention than the other and there aren't enough hours in the day. If they were singletons I think they'd get a lot more of my time and attention! Luckily it switches quite often though - the one who's being good today has an illness so he's normally the one getting more attention I guess!

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Wed 06-Dec-17 10:42:30

Bloody love Hey Duggee!!! It certainly won’t be melting anyone’s brains. My DS is always quoting the show including telling me to lie down so I’d feel better when I was ill.
You could do a lot worse - it could be Go Jetters! Give yourself a break and I hope your little one feels better soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now