Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how you'd know if you were annoying?

(9 Posts)
moutonfou Wed 06-Dec-17 07:54:21

In my experience annoying people seem to wander through life completely oblivious that they are, in fact, annoying everyone.

So how would you know if you yourself were annoying?!

Sometimes (today being one) I have days where I wonder if everything I say is a load of crap.

NCforthis12345 Wed 06-Dec-17 07:58:43

I have wondered about this too!

I talk to DP throughout movies and I ask him questions he doesn't know either as we're both watching it for the first time - I know that is annoying and I have to force myself to stop it!

I know it is annoying but it is also obvious I am being annoying because of DP's reluctance to respond and his blank face.

moutonfou Wed 06-Dec-17 08:32:27

Annoying DP/DH is fair game though grin

meatyLoaf Wed 06-Dec-17 09:31:08

It's like stupidity and death - you are oblivious but everyone else is acutely aware.

BuckingFrolicks2 Wed 06-Dec-17 09:41:33

Have a teenage child with you at all times, that'll do the trick. You will realise that you there are two things you do that are annoying - everything you say and everything you do.

Lethaldrizzle Wed 06-Dec-17 09:54:35

Oh come on everyone is annoying sometimes. All of us!

Respodad Wed 06-Dec-17 09:58:29

I'm not.

KhalliWali Wed 06-Dec-17 10:00:30

I think I'm annoying. I try not to be, I try to pick up on the nuances of people being bored, etc. but I think I must be annoying because so many people have un-friended me on Facebook...

CheeriosEverywhere Wed 06-Dec-17 10:13:27

Well you know when people post about how everyone else is awful to them, and they don't understand why? They are super annoying. But they prefer to think it has to be the entirety of the rest of the universe with the problem.

So really they know, but they refuse to believe it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now