Talk

Advanced search

Brexit's going well then..

(431 Posts)
RickGrimesStoleMyHat Tue 05-Dec-17 20:57:19

Not.

We're the laughing stock of the world basically.

The EU pity out uselessness.

A complete and utter cluster fuck of mammoth proportions being steered by the most useless bunch of rich twats the country had seen for several hundred years.

I'll give it a month before the gov go public with what Brexit really means.

wasonthelist Tue 05-Dec-17 21:02:28

I'll give it a month before the gov go public with what Brexit really means.

Are you going to share this (in addition to your erudite analysis already proffered) or just leave it hanging?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 05-Dec-17 21:06:03

Not that the government aren't useless, but they wouldn't have to deal with this hadn't people voted for Brexit in first place.

catgirl1976 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:07:52

It's a fucking onmishambles. As we knew it would be, but that was 'Project Fear' apparently hmm

PrincessoftheSea Tue 05-Dec-17 21:11:23

Welk I am not suprised

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 05-Dec-17 21:11:55

What did the experts know....

No government can deal with this.
Brexit in the idiotically romantic way people voted for is undeliverable.

wasonthelist Tue 05-Dec-17 21:13:23

Ah yes, if only everyone just did what they were told.

wasonthelist Tue 05-Dec-17 21:13:56

Nice echo chamber

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Tue 05-Dec-17 21:14:45

The government would seriously sooner see this country go to the dogs, bankrupt, have people queuing at banks and for scraps of food before they would hold their hands up and say they made a mistake.

catgirl1976 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:15:05

Do you think it's going well wasonthelist?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 05-Dec-17 21:17:01

hmm

Jamiek80 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:17:43

All depends how you look at it, if you make it seem that Brexit is so awful that you can delay it then play same trick again until it’s delayed indefinitely. Brexit isn’t the problem a lack of confidence and belief is the issue.

wasonthelist Tue 05-Dec-17 21:18:00

Brexit in the idiotically romantic way people voted for is undeliverable.

I don’t remember that option on the ballot - it seemed somehow more brief.

catgirl1976 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:19:12

That was the problem really

No one knew what they were voting for. It should never have been up for a referendum in the first place IMO

sagamartha Tue 05-Dec-17 21:20:00

Calling an election to get more support and to ensure more Tory MPs went well as well, didn't it.

It's a good thing the DUP are on board and not causing issues.

ChardonnaysPrettySister Tue 05-Dec-17 21:20:09

Ok, let me fix it.

Brexit is undeliverable.

wasonthelist Tue 05-Dec-17 21:20:16

Do you think it's going well wasonthelist

No of course not, but neither do I see that as proof that everyone who disagrees with me is worthless.

sagamartha Tue 05-Dec-17 21:20:49

The government would seriously sooner see this country go to the dogs, bankrupt, have people queuing at banks and for scraps of food before they would hold their hands up and say they made a mistake

THIS. Because saying 'are you sure?" is too difficult.

catgirl1976 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:21:12

confused odd comment to make - I don't think anyone has suggested anything to that effect have they..

Nyx1 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:21:58

I'm with wasonthelist - OP are you going to share what information you think the government will be sharing soon?

AntiHop Tue 05-Dec-17 21:22:08

Brexit is undeliverable. We either:
1) have a hard brexit which means setups economic downturn plus destabilisation of Ireland and possible return to hostilities
2) stay in the single market, but if we do that, why not just stay in the EU properly
3) cancel brexit

LastGirlOnTheLeft Tue 05-Dec-17 21:22:21

It's starting to look a lot like Brexit is not going to happen. Was that the idea/plan all along??

thecatfromjapan Tue 05-Dec-17 21:23:25

"Brexit isn’t the problem a lack of confidence and belief is the issue."

Do people really believe this?

Still?

Newsflash: This is real life, not a Hollywood movie, where persistence and the pursuit of dreams leads to an implausibly happy ending.

Believe me, this omnishambles is not a cunning plan/Remainer conspiracy.

It really is just what it looks like: an omnishambles.

ShoesHaveSouls Tue 05-Dec-17 21:23:36

It's the biggest fuck up in the history of fuck ups.

iboughtsnowboots Tue 05-Dec-17 21:26:00

The gov can't go public with what Brexit means because it is hopelessly divided on what it means.

For some in government it is a Norway style arrangement, for some it is WTO and for a few it is cancel the thing altogether. It is just going round in circles at present.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now