Talk

Advanced search

Dental work

(7 Posts)
Holly5055 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:42:30

I’m beyond terrified of the dentist but finally worked up the courage to go last week for the first time in about 15 years and as I suspected I need extensive work done- multiple fillings, extractions and crowns. After extractions my options are implants which I can’t really afford or dentures which make me feel sick at the thought of them . Does anyone have any experience of dentures? Are they as awful as I imagine. Xx

Katinkka Tue 05-Dec-17 20:50:31

I have a partial. It’s totally fine, honestly. It does take some perseverance though but you do get used to it. At first you salivate a lot but after a couple of weeks your mouth is used to it. I can’t sfford implants.

Holly5055 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:02:26

I can't afford implants either. I'm just struggling to imagine a partial denture. Do you have to take yours out at night? I'm imagining it falling out at the dinner table!

Katinkka Tue 05-Dec-17 21:08:08

No. Mine is a perfect fit. Definitely use fixative st first though and tbh I often fix it in if I’m going out all day. When I’m at home I take it out usually. I only have two teeth on mine though. I have horrendous teeth history. I know how awful it all is so please feel free to message me about it if ,you like.

Katinkka Tue 05-Dec-17 21:08:32

I mean yes I take it out at night.

Pearlsaringer Tue 05-Dec-17 21:10:51

Partial dentures are very secure as they grip your own teeth. You don’t have to take them out at night but you do have to keep them clean. A three minute soak in a denture bath with a fizzing Steradent tablet will do the job while you brush your teeth.

Holly5055 Tue 05-Dec-17 21:12:50

Thank you so much. I think there would be 3 teeth on my one but I'm still in the early stages of dental work. Majorly regretting not going to dentist earlier but too late now! Maybe I'll win the lottery in the meantime!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now