Talk

Advanced search

To get the new job and make money or to invest in current job for better prospects?

(1 Post)
Valentine2 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:29:08

It is more of a WWYD.
If I move to this new option now, I will get a great pay rise (no bonus) and pension. Work will be somewhat similar but it will be harder to progress as it will be a new organisation for me and networking/collaborative work is essential in my field (so much more competition than where I am currently).
If I stay in my current job, apply for the training required for the a promotion and get the required training, I will get at least as much money, great bonus and good pension. However, training is hard and there is a real chance I might not be promoted (though I have a feeling my company is very happy with me) because of the pressure from Brexit and expected job losses.
If I get promoted, it will be a level above the one I am being offered in the new job right now.

I don't have to move to another area, similar childcare benefits/work life balance etc.

What would you do? I just can't get my head around the uncertainty if I stay and work hard. I have been refused a promotion some time ago, despite fulfilling all the requirements. This time I am more sure (about 70-80%) that I will get it.
Please help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now