Talk

Advanced search

Why can't he shut the f@@k up?!?!

(103 Posts)
MyKidAreTakingMySanity Tue 05-Dec-17 20:04:04

DH CANNOT shut the hell up. He has to have a final word. Or more. I think I married a child.

DH and the kids just got back in. Dinner was ready, waiting for them. I told DH and the kids that mummy was just watching the ending of something on TV and asked them to be quiet or eat at the dining table instead of the living room. It's a pretty simple, fair request. I only needed 10 measly minutes peace to watch the end bit of a TV program I won't have time to watch later. But no. My 5 and 7 year olds are fine keeping quiet. Little angels even! But DH simply MUST start whistling. FUCKING. WHISTLING.

I'm ashamed to say I flipped my shit and told him off. So he's acting childishly mock insulted. DH: "Oh I'm sorry. I'll shut up"

Me: "Thank you" (exasperated sigh)
...... so I put the show back on.

1 minute later.

DH: "I guess I'm not allowed to speak"

Me: (pauses TV show and looks at him, he shuts up then I press play again)

DH: "I don't want to stop anyone watching their tv programs"

Me: (slams remote down and gives death glare)

DH: "Sorrreeeeey."

Two more minutes.

DH: "Careful kids, mind you don't talk now!"

I gave up completely when he started playing the drums with his cutlery and plate.

WIBU to smash him in the face repeatedly with the Sky TV remote until I feel less irrationally angry?

Or maybe should I start vacuuming when he has Game Of Thrones or The Walking Dead on? Maybe the telly will need a dust and polish a few minutes in.

Sorry. I know IABU. But... AAAARGH!

liquidrevolution Tue 05-Dec-17 20:06:39

Are you married to my DH?

I feel your anger pain

yawning801 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:06:49

God what a man-child!

Trb17 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:07:13

Revenge. Served cold. That’s what’s needed angry

yawning801 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:07:25

You're going to get a bunch of people telling you to LTB in a minute... get ready!

juddyrockingcloggs Tue 05-Dec-17 20:07:27

Kill him. Kill him until he's dead.

treaclesoda Tue 05-Dec-17 20:08:16

No YANBU at all.

Yes to interrupting what he's watching. Do it. See how he likes it.

BabsGangoush Tue 05-Dec-17 20:08:20

WIBU to smash him in the face repeatedly with the Sky TV remote until I feel less irrationally angry?

No, that's quite acceptable. Go ahead.

GreatDuckCookery Tue 05-Dec-17 20:09:04

Annoying yes but you sound a tad dramatic.

Do you need winewink

RJnomore1 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:09:31

Is there a reason he was incapable of playing up the meal that was ready?

I'd kill him op. I'm not advocating violence in any way, it is not the solution, but how the fuck do you live with that. I'm pissed off just reading it.

CuriousaboutSamphire Tue 05-Dec-17 20:10:09

I think he should find his GT, WD etc being vacuumed into oblivion.

You certainly need to let him know that his own kids were far more polite than he was.

YANBU, he was making a point, you simply cannot ignore him, when he is in the house your attention belongs to him! Smash away smile

Appuskidu Tue 05-Dec-17 20:10:34

Is he always such a git?!

LizzieSiddal Tue 05-Dec-17 20:10:48

Sorry but your description of the whole incident made me laugh 😂

Blackcatonthesofa Tue 05-Dec-17 20:10:54

I'd probably confront him with his pasdive aggressive wat of asking for attention. Because that's what it sounds like to me.

Blackcatonthesofa Tue 05-Dec-17 20:11:21

Passiv aggressive way...

Blackcatonthesofa Tue 05-Dec-17 20:11:51

Aaaaargh can't spell to save my life today. Sorry.

Ellisandra Tue 05-Dec-17 20:11:59

Well, is LTB such an OTT response?
That was the action of a man who has a whistling habit or drumming habit but doesn't realise it. Someone who crashes around a bit noisily but doesn't realise.
No - it was deliberate and sounds mocking, too.

Would I LTB for ruining the end of a TV show? No.

Would I LTB because the love had been completely killed off by his mean sprited behaviour? Yeah, eventually I might.

Ellisandra Tue 05-Dec-17 20:12:49

*wasn't the action

StupidSlimyGit Tue 05-Dec-17 20:13:03

maybe should I start vacuuming when he has Game Of Thrones or The Walking Dead on

Perfect solution! I used to live with one of these, did this twice and he never did it again to me.

BlessYourCottonSocks Tue 05-Dec-17 20:14:43

Childishly pathetic. (Him, not you).

What is wrong with him? That is rude and setting a piss poor example for his children.

counterpoint Tue 05-Dec-17 20:18:47

Sad day in my household if tv took over family contact, but hey ho.

kaytee87 Tue 05-Dec-17 20:19:01

God he sounds like a dickhead

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 05-Dec-17 20:19:42

Vacuuming?
No, what you need to do is find a good excuse to use a hammer drill in the same room.

Lofari Tue 05-Dec-17 20:21:54

I'll be your alibi!! Annoys the shit out of me when DH attempts this in what he sees as humour.

PeppaPigTastesLikeBacon Tue 05-Dec-17 20:23:04

This is my OH. Really fucks me off! I am slightly relieved that it’s not just me that has to suffer this

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: