Talk

Advanced search

To think she was wrong ..

(7 Posts)
ThisLittleKitty Tue 05-Dec-17 19:49:38

Went into macdonalds earlier with 3 year old. He was really looking forward to playing on the iPads. (We go once a week whilst my other DC is at his school club) anyway we get there and there are 3 children sitting at the iPads and one empty. My son sits down and begins to play on it, when a woman comes over and says "sorry but I'm sitting there, I'm his mum (pointing to the little boy next to my son) and he won't sit on his own" so obviously 3 year old is very upset as I remove him and starts crying. Ended up leaving as didn't want to be in there with him having a tantrum. Woman says nothing through out. Aibu in thinking she could have let him play on it? She said her son wouldn't sit alone but was obviously sitting alone whilst she went to get their food. Just to point out it was empty in there with lots of free seats behind and opposite. To add we couldn't wait for them to finish as we can only spend 20 mins in there before collecting DC.

witchofzog Tue 05-Dec-17 19:52:00

She was being unreasonable. She should have found a stool or chair and sat behind him or sat with him on her lap. The entitledness of some people is astonishing. You should have asked her to do these things rather than moving your ds as she was being a twat

MissionItsPossible Tue 05-Dec-17 19:56:52

Well, yeah she was but you should have said something at the time!

timeisnotaline Tue 05-Dec-17 19:56:55

I wouldn't have moved my son. I'd have said these seats are for the small children to play the iPads, you might have to stand/ sit behind your son grin

ThisLittleKitty Tue 05-Dec-17 20:04:28

Wish I did now! They are clearly aimed at kds and it wasn't like there weren't any other seats near by. I couldn't imagine sitting there whilst a child cried. She even watched us leave.

Marcipex Tue 05-Dec-17 20:10:38

I totally understand that you were taken by surprise. What a selfish and unpleasant parent.
Anyway, you know what to say another time-(what timeisnotaline said)
Practise in front of a mirror!

Namechangetempissue Tue 05-Dec-17 20:14:29

You should have said that they are for children and your child would like to use one as hers was. No way would I have moved my child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now