Talk

Advanced search

Fucking white washing machine

(18 Posts)
falaciousreasoning Tue 05-Dec-17 18:57:07

*lighthearted thread

So for a while now we have needed a new washing machine. Last year we bought a new fridge and decided to move away from white kitchen items and go with silver on the understanding that when we needed to replace items we would buy in the silver.
DH has just told me he ordered a washing machine......in fucking white!
We must have had about 10 million discussions over the last week about how it needed to be able to hold a certain weight and be SILVER.

I suppose my AIBU is is it acceptable to tell him that because he has completely ignored what we had jointly decided he needs to be doing he washing from now on?

Yes I am aware that I am being a total miserable bitch but PMT plus a long history of DH doing range complete fucking opposite of what has been decided will do that to a girl!

LTB right?

BattleaxeGalactica Tue 05-Dec-17 18:59:50

If it's only just been ordered can he not change it?

falaciousreasoning Tue 05-Dec-17 19:01:31

Apparently not as he actually ordered it last week as wait for it............a surprise for me! So it is already on its way.

IncyWincyGrownUp Tue 05-Dec-17 19:03:41

Somyounrefuse delivery and send it back. It’s not that tricky. Distance selling regs and all.

HaudYerWheeshtBawbag Tue 05-Dec-17 19:04:18

You can still return it.

overnightangel Tue 05-Dec-17 19:04:44

Send it back and reorder, Fail to see what the drama is

alleypalley Tue 05-Dec-17 19:04:56

I would be annoyed with that too, and also have a dh where a conversation goes in one ear and out the other.

Doesn't anything bought online though have a cooling off period?

LoveYouTimMinchin Tue 05-Dec-17 19:06:29

I think your thread title should be "DH not listening to me". Or something.

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Tue 05-Dec-17 19:06:54

I'd be pissed off as well.
White appliances are stupid in a kitchen.
They show every splash and mark.

We have all silver/grey....they look so much nicer.

Can you send it back/swap it?

JingleBellTime Tue 05-Dec-17 19:10:11

I git a surprise dishwasher last month, but at least it was Silver😀

It was delivered and installed whilst I was a work and DH was very pleased wiTh himself. I didn't notice it looked the same as the previous one and I am not too bothered about the dishwasher.

If it had been white words would have been said

falaciousreasoning Tue 05-Dec-17 19:10:27

Oh yes I will sort it all out so it's right. I think the previous poster is right my title should have been different as I am definitely more cross about being ignored.

Petalbird Tue 05-Dec-17 19:12:37

Send it back

LakieLady Tue 05-Dec-17 19:21:46

Are you married to my DP? He never fucking listens to instructions, and usually ends up doing the opposite of what is required.

I've even gone as far as saying that if in doubt, he should do the opposite of what he thinks I would want, as he's more likely to end up doing what I want that way. But he clearly didn't fucking listen to that, either.

Gazelda Tue 05-Dec-17 19:25:31

He ordered you a washing machine as a surprise? Send him back.

notangelinajolie Tue 05-Dec-17 19:36:34

I all stainless steel in the kitchen but white washing machine and dryer in the utility because they are a lot cheaper than silver and I don't really care what colour they are. Is his decision possibly got something to do with the price?

I would not be best pleased if my DH did that. Get him to cancel the order.

ProseccoMamam Tue 05-Dec-17 19:39:32

Return it. I know it's a first world problem and all that and it's really not a big deal but it would make my eyes twitch. I can see why your annoyed, send it back and order a silver one

OstentatiousWanking Tue 05-Dec-17 20:00:38

YABU.
I might be biased. I don't like silver utilities.

LoveYouTimMinchin Tue 05-Dec-17 21:25:47

Agree with ost. wanking (great username btw). Silver and black white goods should be banned - they are hideous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: