Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be really annoyed that most NYE parties in/around London do not allow toddlers?

(234 Posts)
tashka Tue 05-Dec-17 15:51:47

I really want a propert NYE party this year and DD is still sleeping during the day so we can put her to bed later in a day and then she'll be able to stay awake until midnight. So I was trying to find some nice place with a NYE party for about £50 per person around SW London which would allow a toddler but could not find any (( all nice places seem to be either too expensive (£100+ per person) or for 18+ only…

I feel so annoyed about it! All I want is to have a good time and celebrate the NYE with my family!

Anyone has any ideas for NYE party near London with toddler? )))

RestingGrinchFace Tue 05-Dec-17 15:53:30

Um? Couldn't you just have your own family friendly party. Most people who go out for New Years to ticketed events do it to get drunk etc.

NataliaOsipova Tue 05-Dec-17 15:53:34

I think you need to host your own, to be honest! My kids are night owls....but I can totally understand why places wouldn't welcome them on NYE as it changes the tone/vibe of the occasion.

WorraLiberty Tue 05-Dec-17 15:53:36

My parents used to take us to social clubs/working men's clubs.

Do you have a British Legion near you?

scurryfunge Tue 05-Dec-17 15:53:54

Why not host a party at home?

JoJoSM2 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:54:45

Loud music, booze and a crying, knackered toddler? Sounds like a bizzare combination to me.

Perhaps you could have a house party with friends that have little kids?

Sirzy Tue 05-Dec-17 15:55:51

I would be really pissed off if I was paying £50 for a NYE party for there to be toddlers there! Surely most public parties aren’t child friendly environments?

lalliella Tue 05-Dec-17 15:56:04

Why don’t you go to the pub and leave her outside in the car with a coke and a bag of crisps? It was good enough for us when we were kids!

Or, a sensible suggestion - go to France. Kids are much more accepted there.

Shoxfordian Tue 05-Dec-17 15:56:20

Yeah most places will realise people celebrating NYE will want to relax and have a few drinks without a noisy toddler on the next table

Can you get someone to babysit and just go with your partner?

MargotsDevil Tue 05-Dec-17 15:56:29

TBH I'd be a bit annoyed if I'd forked out £50 for an event to find toddlers there - I'd be expecting that sort of thing to be child free, sorry!

BrokenBattleDroid Tue 05-Dec-17 15:56:40

Oh gosh YABU I'm afraid! Those paying that much for a party don't want to get there and find that it's a kiddie affair! Those that do allow have probably put the price high to be off-putting in that way.

Bear in mind plenty there will have also paid good money to leave their own children at home with a babysitter!

Can you host a party yourself?

kaytee87 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:57:20

Have one at home. A bar full of really drunk adults isn't really the place for a toddler.

fc301 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:57:36

Welcome to Parenthood.

BrokenBattleDroid Tue 05-Dec-17 15:57:50

Humongous cross post with everyone else!

Trafficjammadness Tue 05-Dec-17 15:57:55

ridiculous to want to take a toddle out on the most drunken night of the year, stay at home and have a party.

PinkHeart5914 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:58:01

I can completely understand why these places don’t want toddlers running around at these things. It would completely change the vibe of these events, and other people don’t want to suffer your bored toddler tbh.

Do what other parents do, host your own? Get in some nice food, nice drink, invite some friends over they can bring dc with them, watch Big Ben and have your own fun

LizzieSiddal Tue 05-Dec-17 15:58:24

Why the heck would you drag a toddler out until past midnight?
1. The toddler will be tired
2. Adults will not want a toddler around whilst they are getting pissed and celebrating.

Have you’re own party at home.

tashka Tue 05-Dec-17 15:58:41

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, this year the house party is not an option - we have recently bought a house and have a huge renovation going on. We are still leaving in the house but inviting guests isn't really possible…

I really wanted something similar to Chessington Garden Center NYE party, but a bit cheaper and without having to stay overnight, but can't find anything at all…

ivykaty44 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:58:46

Why would you take a toddler out on NYE 😦

SavageBeauty73 Tue 05-Dec-17 15:59:40

How bizarre. Have your own party at home.

frenchknitting Tue 05-Dec-17 16:02:00

I don't think YABU. My village has a family friendly party in the village hall. It's BYO booze and snacks, dancing in the hall and a quiet area in case needed. I'd have thought that would be fairly common for folk that want to see the new year in with friends as a family? Apparently not then.

DancesWithOtters Tue 05-Dec-17 16:02:13

Um wot.

bigbluebus Tue 05-Dec-17 16:02:35

YABU. If you have children then you either arrange a baby sitter or stay at home on NYE. We used to invite friends around who also had children, put all the children to bed upstairs whilst the grown ups had a meal and a few drinks downstairs. NYE is definitely not a time for small children to be out in pubs and restaurants. Parenting involves compromise and sacrifice.

kaytee87 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:03:20

Honestly op you won't find anything because most people won't find it acceptable to have a toddler running round a place that's crowded with drunk adults.

New Year's Eve parties are for adults (unless you're hosting a family one at home).

SavageBeauty73 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:03:24

A village hall is a bit different from a London bar at £50 per head.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: