Talk

Advanced search

To think I'm pregnant?

(27 Posts)
Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:27:37

Name changed in case I am.

I have 2 DC's and we've only planned on 2 but always said if it happens it happens. I had to come off the pill 6 months ago because I started having severe migraines. We've been using the pull out method 🙄 Combined with condoms.

I'm 4 days late for my period. I feel sick, tired, had terrible heartburn and cramps like I'm going to come on but then there's nothing.

I've taken 4 pregnancy tests, each one is negative. Still no sign of AF. It's driving me fucking mad, please god someone give me some advice - on my last two pregnancys I tested and came back positive straight away. DH thinks I've gone bonkers and said I'm clearly not pregnant so stop buying pregnancy tests haha blush

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:42:00

Anyone 😩

dontbesillyhenry Mon 04-Dec-17 20:42:49

Ermm....hang on there it is....damn it's gone again...crystal ball on the blink

Thedriftofstars Mon 04-Dec-17 20:43:30

Go to the GP and ask for a blood test if you're so convinced. No one on here can tell you if you're pregnant or not.

user1471517900 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:44:08

You might be pregnant but you might not. Hope that helps

ISpySpanish Mon 04-Dec-17 20:45:04

The same happened to me. I think my hormone levels were too low to detect the hormone. I got a positive 12 days after missed period!

Myusernam Mon 04-Dec-17 20:45:24

Tbh if you are only 4 days late I doubt you'd get any sickness yet. It normally kicks in around week 6. And you would get a positive test. I've always tested early and got a faint positive around 4 days BEFORE period is due.

gingerbreadmam Mon 04-Dec-17 20:45:30

Can't help but currently have the same fears as you 😐😐

I started spotting a few days ago like I do when I'm due on but that's all I've had. Been going on since Thursday and now I'm in panic mode.

Daren't test. Think I'd rather not know for now.

dangermouse7 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:45:38

You're not pregnant, probably.........

Zeelove Mon 04-Dec-17 20:46:54

I've looked into the future and you ARE pregnant 🤰🏼

Moanyoldcow Mon 04-Dec-17 20:48:15

Pull out method combined with condoms? What does that even mean?

If you aren't positive in a week you are unlikely to be pregnant. Your symptoms sound like early pregnancy or pre-menstrual symptoms. No one here can tell you

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:49:36

Thanks for all the sarky remarks.

I know that no one on here can tell me if I'm pregnant, I posted to see if anyone had similar happen and still got a positive.

Can't see the harm in it but obviously some people have a problem with my post.

Shehz21 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:50:02

Why post in the AIBU and not on the pregnancy/conception board?
>totally misses point<smile

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:51:02

Sometimes we use pull out method if we haven't got any condoms to hand

PerfectlyPosed Mon 04-Dec-17 20:52:49

I was recently 12 days late for the first time ever. Tested several times and they all were negative but I had all the "symptoms" so convinced myself I was pregnant. And then just as I was about to book a doctors appointment, my period came!

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:52:50

Sheh because I'm relatively new to MN and only ever posted on AIBU. Never mind, I thought I would get some experience from others but instead all I've got is piss taken

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:54:00

Oh really perfectly thatsbinteresting - 12 days is a long time!!

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:55:43

Were you disappointed perfectly

Amanduh Mon 04-Dec-17 20:55:52

If you're not on the pill and not using contraception then I'd say 'if it happens it happens' is more likely to happen hmm
I'd think you'd likely have a positive result by now but then again you might not. So... yeah.

Mooey89 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:56:09

Sorry you’re getting such a hard time.

I didn’t get a positive with DS until I was 5 days late and then it was really positive - you may have ovulated at a different time?
Try not to worry, it will only delay your period if you aren’t pregnant... wait another few days and ten test with FMU.

Good luck

PerfectlyPosed Mon 04-Dec-17 20:58:18

Yes I was disappointed. I have always been like clockwork before so I had really convinced myself. Unfortunately, all you can really do is wait.

Cabininthewoods69 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:58:29

I tested after week late and it was neg but then a few days later was pos. Sorry I can't help more

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 20:58:34

Thanks Mooey I always had a problem with ovulation so never know when im ovulating. I suppose I will just have the wait and see

user1499786242 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:00:09

If you're not pregnant
Then maybe it would be a good idea to have another think about what you want and sort out contraception accordingly
Otherwise every single month for the rest of your fertile life you will be symptom watching...
I have a few friends who have done the whole casual if it happens thing but the reality is... you either want another baby or not!
How do you feel? Are you secretly hoping you are? Or absolutely horrified at the thought? Should give you some indication as to where to go from here in terms of future planning

Good luck! Hope you get the results you want!!!!!!

Higlyhighly Mon 04-Dec-17 21:07:04

User, I think if I'm truthful I'm undecided. My DC's are 4 and 2 and I'm 30 next year.

When I've mentioned to family that I'm unsure as to whether I want anymore I've always been met with "oh but you have a girl and a boy you can't have any different" "DS will get left out as he will be the middle child"

I really do go back and forth about whether to have a third. I suppose that's why I'm of the opinion that if it happens it happens as then fate will decide.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: