Talk

Advanced search

To think we need a General Election asap

(301 Posts)
millymollymandy46 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:15:32

Surely now is the time for a vote of utter no confidence in Theresa May. AIBU to think she and those around her are utterly incompetent and making Britain a laughing stock around the globe?

roses2 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:16:22

Do you know of a politician that is competent?

c3pu Mon 04-Dec-17 20:17:48

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

millymollymandy46 Mon 04-Dec-17 20:18:49

Yes. I can think of lots of able MPs in parliament at the moment of all parties. None of them Brexiteers funnily enough.

lalliella Mon 04-Dec-17 20:20:21

YABVVVV reasonable OP!

Blahblahblahzeeblah Mon 04-Dec-17 20:22:49

There's no one I'd want to.vote for though. It's all a big mess.

GhostofFrankGrimes Mon 04-Dec-17 20:23:48

YANBU. Uk is a laughing stock. Every time May talks pound drops like a stone. Party of economic competence my foot...

TabbyMumz Mon 04-Dec-17 20:24:29

You obviously didn't want her in, in the first place. I love these people who demand a re-election or re-vote when things don't go the way they want them to.

McTufty Mon 04-Dec-17 20:25:39

I agree that this government is a shower of shite but we cannot take the risk of Corbyn getting in. If labour sorted themselves out then I’d like nothing more than a General Election!

anothernetter Mon 04-Dec-17 20:29:57

What? So Corbyn, McDonnell and Momentum end up running the country? No thank you. Don't get me wrong the Tory leadership is a shambles but anything but Corbyn. I've always voted Tory - would consider Lib Dem but no, not Labour

Rebeccaslicker Mon 04-Dec-17 20:33:30

God no.

I'm just busy keeping my head in the sand pretending the whole lot of them don't exist.

AnnieHoo Mon 04-Dec-17 20:36:25

In the words of Brenda from Bristol:

Glumglowworm Mon 04-Dec-17 20:37:04

Ffs no!

We had an expensive and pointless election just a few months ago! The very last thing we need is another one, which will delay Brexit talks even further and make us even more of a laughing stock.

Government needs to focus on putting together the best Brexit they can (as shit as that will be). Not another few months of throwing money at campaigning and even more political uncertainty

(I’m a labour voting remainer, I can’t stsnd the current government, but even more I can’t stand them wasting any more time and money trying to legitimise themselves)

bertsdinner Mon 04-Dec-17 20:37:53

I really doubt Labour could or would make a better job of it. Bitching from the sidelines is easy when you're in opposition.

Thedriftofstars Mon 04-Dec-17 20:38:59

anothernetter so you want unchecked capitalism and a widening economic disparity between the richest and poorest in this country, a party that believes in austerity as an ideological measure because those on the bottom don't deserve a decent life, over a party that strives for equality and fairness? Nice. Typical Tory.

Trailedanderror Mon 04-Dec-17 20:39:02

I think she'll resign before Christmas. Whether all not they'll scrabble together an alternative or whether they'll be another election- no idea! 🤷‍♀️

Thedriftofstars Mon 04-Dec-17 20:40:02

However OP as much as I would love a GE, I really don't think the general population has the appetite for another one so soon. However, following what's happening with NI regarding the shitshow that is Brexit, who knows what will happen in the next 6 months.

Thedriftofstars Mon 04-Dec-17 20:40:26

Sorry no idea why I overused 'however' there.

theworldgonemad Mon 04-Dec-17 20:42:05

Another labour voting (despises May the Traitor) Remainer - who says no no no to another election. We can't afford it, I genuinely can not think how another election would benefit the country.

May has to go through, along with her entire front bench. Shudders

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Mon 04-Dec-17 20:44:51

I'd like Corbyn and Momentum running the country. It's what it needs.

Because this current car crash is just beyond the realms of anything normal. It's like some sort of farcical Carry on Film. Carry on Brexit, and is trying to let 30 hardline Brexiteers decide on my children's future. I don't think so!

And now she's pissed off the DUP, lm keeping my fingers crossed for a much better future.

Topseyt Mon 04-Dec-17 20:45:34

Of course she is a shit Prime Minister, but I can't think of anyone to replace her who is very much better, to be honest.

I think we have had enough votes and elections for now.

Also, with the clock ticking loudly down to March 2019, we really cannot afford to waste any more time farting about with another needless general election. Much as I hate Brexit, and wish it wasn't going to happen, we actually need to get on with the negotiations

OatcakeCravings Mon 04-Dec-17 20:47:03

Brexit is an economic death cult, no one could make a good job of it. She needs to tell the truth, and stand up and explain that 95% of us will be worse off and there will be even les money for our public services (due to the double whammy of Brexit and their economic policies moving money from the poorer sections of society and our taxes to pay for tax cuts to the rich).

RestingGrinchFace Mon 04-Dec-17 20:47:57

Are we talking about the same Theresa May here? Our tax bill has gone up 1.5 times because of changes introduced by her government. A typical tory? Yes. A bringer of 'unchecked capitalism' in my dreams.

Madbengalmum Mon 04-Dec-17 20:49:34

May isnt great, but the opposite thought of Corbyn and god help us Mc donald running the show with their Marxist dreams will send us ALL to hell in a handcart. Truly would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

pointythings Mon 04-Dec-17 20:49:47

No, we need Theresa May and the Tories to stay on and own the shower of shit that is Brexit. So that they will be unelectable for decades.

We also need proportional representation so that we can stop having two-party politics. Despite difficulties, coalitions work. Belgium kept going just fine despite being without a government for ages, as did the Netherlands. The UK press mocks Germany for not being able to form a government in 5 minutes but says nothing about May's DUP shambles. You couldn't make it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now