Talk

Advanced search

Any teaching union people about?

(5 Posts)
Maelstrop Mon 04-Dec-17 19:05:14

Just a quick query. I'm pretty sure that I've always heard this: mainscale teachers aren't supposed to attend more than one after school meeting a week and if there's a Parents' Evening, this is normally upheld very strictly. This was the way of if in my old school but this week there are three after school meetings, one of which is Parents' Evening.

Does anyone know if I'm right?

Figuringitout Mon 04-Dec-17 19:24:08

It depends... do you teach in an Academy? If so, they can do what they like! Otherwise, did always used to be one a week and Parents' Evenings count.

MaisyPops Mon 04-Dec-17 19:26:47

What Figuringitout said ^^

But if they are an academy then none of thr burgandy book applies unless they feel like upholding it.

LuluJakey1 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:26:57

There should be a calander of directed time consulted on and agreed every summer for the year ahead. Unless it is an academy when they can do what they like.

hmyh23 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:27:42

It depends whether or not you are making up extra hours to replace PD days, meaning that you get those days off rather than coming into school. In that case you can be asked to stay more than once a week as long as it's all arranged in advance. Also, as above, academies can do pretty much what they want. Your union reps should push to see the school calendar in advance and send it to you all for queries etc before it is all set in stone. That will only happen if your head is reasonable and recognises the unions though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now