Talk

Advanced search

Data breach online fashion brand

(4 Posts)
HattiesBackpack Mon 04-Dec-17 12:58:42

Sorry it’s not an AIBU, I’m posting here for traffic.

I recently had a delivery from a well known fashion brand, in with my own delivery note were 5 other customers sets of paperwork, details on these delivery notes includes customers name, full address, email address and payment information (partial card numbers).

I emailed the company asking what to do and their response has been poor at best. (They emailed me to say please can you dispose of the documents safely, no discussion of what they would do to make sure it wouldn’t happen again, and also they weren’t interested in whose information I had so they could contact them to let them know)

Now I don’t know what to do- I’m wondering if I should post these notes to the right people, or if I could report it to anyone, or if I should just forget all about it !

Any advice from anyone on this ?

LateToTheParty Mon 04-Dec-17 13:00:07

Contact the ICO?

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/

HattiesBackpack Mon 04-Dec-17 13:04:41

That’s perfect! Thanks

Chowmum Mon 04-Dec-17 13:05:51

If you can afford the postage, post them on to the customers with a little note (you don't have to put any of your details in there)
Then at least they'll know what happened. Their orders obviously didn't have any paperwork with them, if they got them at all.
Most data breach concerns are around online security, so I doubt any official organisation would be too concerned about a paperwork error.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: