Talk

Advanced search

To not know what to do next

(8 Posts)
Fedupfeelingthisway Mon 04-Dec-17 11:56:10

I was on ADs a while ago and came off them things have been really really awful for me over the past few months and I think I need to speak to my GP again. I just called them and they told me there are no appointments until into the new year. I don’t think I can wait that long, but I don’t want to class this as an emergency. What should I do?

Feilin Mon 04-Dec-17 11:58:13

Can you put in a request to speak to a gp on the phone? Tell the receptionist how important it is and if they cant at least do that then ask the receptionist who or what is your next step

Haidees Mon 04-Dec-17 11:59:07

Its an emergency. Please ring back and tell them its an emergency, ADs can take a while to work and its vital you get the support you need now, not when its too late.

FreudianSlurp Mon 04-Dec-17 12:00:27

I would book an emergency appointment. GP emergencies aren't the same as A&E emergencies, and you would be doing the right thing to get an emergency appointment to stop your health deteriorating. Hope things improve for you soon flowers

Ellendegeneres Mon 04-Dec-17 12:00:50

Please prioritise yourself. It is an emergency if you need medication, this cannot wait til new year.

Beeziekn33ze Mon 04-Dec-17 12:02:22

Talk to a pharmacist or go to a Walk In.
Ask for a telephone call with your GP.
Does your GP practice not have emergency appointments? Mine does, every day, you have to phone at a specific time (e.g. 8.30 for a morning appointment).
You surely are not expected to wait a month!

Fedupfeelingthisway Mon 04-Dec-17 12:03:40

Thanks for the advice. I’ll call them back and ask for a cancellation if they have one. I don’t think they offer gp call backs as I remember trying previously.

Thinkingofausername1 Mon 04-Dec-17 13:37:57

Mental health is just as an emergency as physical health. I agree about phoning and asking to speak to your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now