Advanced search

To want to scream at them yet I remain silent?

(2 Posts)
NeverUseThisName Sun 03-Dec-17 22:56:35

Lurking on the parents' group Fakebook for my dc's year. They're discussing the school's newly-published behaviour strategy. They talk about how they trust the school to resolve the bullying issues, and how parents need to deal with it themselves as well. How they would come down on their dc like a tonne of bricks if they were involved in any bullying.

It makes me sick to read their innocent, honest, trusting, socially responsible posts. I want to scream at them "Your dc my not be the ones directly making my dc's life a misery, but by standing by, by laughing with the others, by refusing to sit next to my dc, by not reporting what goes on, they are part of the bullying!"

I don't even know what I want to say.

This is the first time I heard that others were aware that there is a problem. Are there many other children like my dc? Dc only tells me of 2 others in the year that they know of. If these parents knew that my dc was being victimised why didn't they tell me? Or anyone? When my dc told me about another child being bullied, I told the school straight away.

Do they think that a child would come home and say "I refused to sit next to X today because she's stinky", or "X is so stinky. I keep telling him, but it doesn't change" or "X used to be stinky. She isn't any more, but we still won't sit next to her".

Yeah your children have all said or done these things, or stood by while others did them. But, no, they're not bullies.

NeverUseThisName Sun 03-Dec-17 22:57:55

Shit. Stream of consciousness rant. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now