Talk

Advanced search

DH’s Noisy Bloody Breathing

(11 Posts)
KitNCaboodle Sun 03-Dec-17 22:23:02

OMG. Has he always breathed like this and I’ve never noticed? It’s driving me absolutely insane. The worst of it is that he doesn’t know what I’m talking about. Says I’m hearing things. Yes dear... All I’m fucking hearing is your fucking breathing!
How have his colleagues not throttled him? Is there a cure? Please don’t say I’ll be listening to this for all eternity.

Tinselistacky Sun 03-Dec-17 22:24:57

A cushion placed over his head at bedtime.
We will all give you an alibi op.

KitNCaboodle Sun 03-Dec-17 22:28:00

Thanks Tinsel. Alibi + diminished responsibility will see me a free woman.
The only problem is, who’ll keep my feet warm in bed or do midnight runs to get chocolate.

MrsPicklesonSmythe Sun 03-Dec-17 22:46:22

Oh dear. Always the beginning of the end for me, that.

Supermagicsmile Sun 03-Dec-17 23:24:31

Are you hormonal or due on or even just run down and tired?I find I am more sensitive to noises at these times.

Bunbunbunny Mon 04-Dec-17 02:09:28

Does he have any health issues! My DH has sinuse problems and his breathing more noticeable when he has a cold coming or is ill

Gramgram Mon 04-Dec-17 08:45:55

Get him to see his GP, it could be due to asthma or an allergy. Or invest or ask for a large heavy implement for Christmas. If you are driven to use it, make sure of an alibi.

Seriously though, my DH has asthma and I am very aware of his breathing at times and normally means he's having a bit of a tough time with it. Losing some weight has helped though.

maggienolia Mon 04-Dec-17 09:27:42

My DH always turns to me and breathes right in my face.
Do you need a cell mate OP?

BeeFarseer Mon 04-Dec-17 09:32:44

Regular conversation in my house goes like this:

'You're doing it again. Stop it.'
'Stop what?'
'BREATHING.'

This being Mumsnet, there might be someone along shortly to say how much they miss their aunt's cousin's dog's noisy breathing and we should all be grateful.

I'd like to preempt that by going NO.

MiaowTheCat Mon 04-Dec-17 09:46:51

DH does it and it drives me mad - I'm fairly sure he's got sleep apnoea as well (but our GP is useless over this), but even his daytime breathing is fucking noisy as hell. Worst when he's got man flu a bad cold when it's snorty, spluttery and interspersed with melodramatic whimpers.

Rebeccaslicker Mon 04-Dec-17 10:39:00

I hear you (not breathing!)

We had an almighty row last night because DP snores like a bastard 747 on takeoff. I wake him up because he's woken me up, and then he goes mad. So my choices are, lie awake, have him mad at me and storm off to the sofa, or try to sleep on the sofa at 22 weeks pregnant (it's a very soft sofa so really uncomfortable for a heavy bump on one side).

Ear plugs don't drown it out but even if they did I'd be worried about not hearing DD on the monitor or my alarm at 6.30am.

We are moving to a bigger house soon but I don't WANT separate bedrooms; that doesn't feel like a relationship. But what else do you do?? sad((

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now