Talk

Advanced search

I'm fed up thinking about money

(20 Posts)
ssd Sun 03-Dec-17 11:14:54

and how to save it, dont waste it, cover everything

I'm just bloody fed up of it

Theres no overtime at mine or dh's jobs and I've been trying to get job with more hours but not getting anywhere

I'm just fed up of the bloody struggle

IAmAShitHotLawyer Sun 03-Dec-17 11:21:42

What jobs do you both do?

ssd Sun 03-Dec-17 11:26:20

I'm on min wage and dh is on not much more

we are both mid 50's

IAmAShitHotLawyer Sun 03-Dec-17 11:32:52

Do you own your own home? Could you downsize and reduce your outgoings?

IAmAShitHotLawyer Sun 03-Dec-17 11:37:29

Have you got kids or family ? Could they give you some financial support

KathArtic Sun 03-Dec-17 11:42:28

Can you come to an arrangement with family not to buy presents this year, or just for the children.

Do you have anything you can sell on ebay?

What job do you do/are you qualified or anything? Make your New Years resolution to get a new job or get qualified.

therealnigeltufnel Sun 03-Dec-17 11:43:21

Me too, it's bloody tedious. No money for comfort or variety, constant worry about what's going to break next and how to fix it.

honeycaramelbiscuitfudge Sun 03-Dec-17 11:44:25

Everyone assumes we all have family in the first place. Not everyone has family to buy presents for. It's possible to have no family and be broke.

Peanutbuttercheese Sun 03-Dec-17 11:59:58

Has this been your whole life or did you have a change of circumstances?

IsaSchmisa Sun 03-Dec-17 12:01:19

Don't blame you. Did you post to blow off steam, ask for tips to make money stretch further or both?

honeycaramelbiscuitfudge Sun 03-Dec-17 12:12:59

We need people to do minimum wage jobs you know peanut.

Peanutbuttercheese Sun 03-Dec-17 12:18:16

Of course but if the poster has been in low paid work all her life like my sisters have and they are of a comparable age the advice may be different. Such as selling stuff on eBay, my sisters don't have much stuff as there has hardly ever been any room for any unnecessary purchases over those long working lives.

honeycaramelbiscuitfudge Sun 03-Dec-17 12:22:22

Fair enough but I going op just wants a space to moan.

honeycaramelbiscuitfudge Sun 03-Dec-17 12:22:46

I think sorry. Weird autocorrect!

SilverySurfer Sun 03-Dec-17 12:30:07

Do you have a spare bedroom? If so maybe consider a lodger for a time until you find a better job with longer hours?

hooliodancer Sun 03-Dec-17 12:40:24

I got like that, just bloody sick of it. Slightly different circumstances, as my partners business went bust leaving us with a lot of debt and him unemployed. Our life savings got swallowed up by the debt.

We have been trying to sell up and move to Cornwall! That was the answer we came up with. A total life change.

Zevitevitchofcrimas Sun 03-Dec-17 13:11:23

Op I was like this too. We broke everything down on spreadsheet down to last penny. When dh saw it like this it really spurred him on to search for cheaper energy provider, switch to pay as go mobile contracts, etc. We then had every penny for petrol covered, shopping, etc. Once we did it we found it was easier knowing exact what we had to spend and that taking money from specific weekend money, meant we could still have petrol money as that was separate. So now I don't worry about it

ilovesooty Sun 03-Dec-17 13:49:03

KathArtic I'm sure the OP will find get a new job or get qualified truly inspiring. hmm

Allthewaves Sun 03-Dec-17 13:50:40

Cheaper property? Cheaper car if you have one? Dh did takeaway delivery and I worked in a shop at weekends when things got grim

ssd Mon 04-Dec-17 18:12:53

I get the cheapest deals for energy, insurance etc, I've always had to be tight with money

I just need to find a job with more hours, even at min wage, but its bloody hard going

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: