Talk

Advanced search

To stick an oven chip on a meccano robot and give it to dd?

(21 Posts)
Killdora Sun 03-Dec-17 10:12:30

Because seriously, I don’t know what else to do.

Dd is nearly 5 and has asd, so this year is very fixed on thinking Santa will bring her exactly what she asks for.

She’s handed me a list with two things on. Apparently that is all she wants (I’ve already got most of her presents)

Those things are:

1. Robot Chips.

I know what you are thinking and no, she doesn’t mean the dog robot thing called ‘Chips’. She has clarified that she wants robot chips. Chips that you eat, that walk around like robots.

2. Walking trees (what’s with the walking things?!) She just says they are small plastic trees that walk and talk.

Unless I do as the post titles says, and dress me and do up as trees, I’m fucked aren’t I?

Make me feel better, tell me I’m not the only parent who has been handed a Dear Santa letter asking for the impossible?!

BrieAndChilli Sun 03-Dec-17 10:15:12

Here’s a walking Christmas tree
www.campusgifts.co.uk/product/walking-christmas-tree?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsdDY7c3t1wIVYijTCh3U2QEiEAkYAiABEgJXDvD_BwE

Jammydodger81 Sun 03-Dec-17 10:16:44

I’ve been asked for a snake. Repeatedly. It’s on the list about 3 times.

Not bloody happening! Feel bad but it does children good to not get everything. Character building grin

AlbusPercival Sun 03-Dec-17 10:17:56

wind up walking packet chips

SaucyJack Sun 03-Dec-17 10:18:02

If you could be arsed, you could experiment with one of these and some thin potato slices?

Fintons Sun 03-Dec-17 10:28:43

Could she be thinking of a specific thing she has seen on TV?

Tbh you are probably fucked whatever you do as it won't match what she is picturing in her head. wink

Can she draw well enough for it to be worth asking her to draw you a picture?

karigan Sun 03-Dec-17 10:30:15

My 3 year old DD has asked for 'a real shark' smile

haba Sun 03-Dec-17 10:33:08

DS insisted you could get playmobil Lego hmm because father Christmas can make anything.
Also a flying revolving record player....
He was disappointed on each occasion, but soon forgot about the requests.

Killdora Sun 03-Dec-17 10:39:41

Oh you absolute diamonds!!!

You are more accomplished googlers than me. I was just searching toys r’ us etc. and pulling my hair out. 😁

Killdora Sun 03-Dec-17 10:42:03

Damn robo chips are out of stock. Has everyone asked for them?! confused

ReverseGiraffe Sun 03-Dec-17 10:45:24

I feel your pain. My 5YO DD just says "Let's just see what Santa brings me." Setting me up to fail!

TheFairyCaravan Sun 03-Dec-17 10:50:54

What about this?

custarddinosaur Sun 03-Dec-17 10:57:09

When I was about 3, I asked for a red bus. They bought me a toy bus but it wasn't the right one. What I had been yearning for was a London bus - a red full-sized double-decker actual bus grin

PositivelyPERF Sun 03-Dec-17 11:00:06

Sorry, op, but the idea of a robot holding a chip did make me laugh. Glad other posters have been able to help you. I'm sure if you put the name into search, you should be able to find other suppliers. Good luck.

HashiAsLarry Sun 03-Dec-17 11:07:25

DS wants a real dinosaur for Christmas. Not a toy or a robot one, a real one. He knows they're extinct but as Santa is magic then of course he can bring us one.

YesILikeItToo Sun 03-Dec-17 11:10:53

Everlasting play-doh. It’s play doh that diesn’t dry out, according to DD. We, is that plasticine?

ADishBestEatenCold Sun 03-Dec-17 11:12:37

Coming at this from a different angle, could she possibly mean Chips, the Robotic dog?

If so, there are (much) cheaper versions than this v v v

www.amazon.co.uk/CHIP-INTERACTIVE-AFFECTIONATE-TRAINABLE-ROBOTIC/dp/B01M2774GW/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=robot+chip&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1512299162&sr=8-8

www.amazon.co.uk/WowWee-CHiP-Robot-Toy-Dog/dp/B01CFW6ME8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=robot+chip&tag=mumsnetforum-21&ie=UTF8&qid=1512299162&sr=8-1

haba Mon 04-Dec-17 20:16:33

She doesn't mean stick bots, does she, and mangled the name?

Swirlingasong Mon 04-Dec-17 20:25:08

Mine once unearthed an old toy catalogue from about 1990 at the grandparents' house. Was convinced Father Christmas could make the stuff. Or time travel.

Fingermoose Mon 04-Dec-17 20:44:42

There are wind up chips on eBay - not sure if they'd do?

Fingermoose Mon 04-Dec-17 20:46:03

...and I may now be the proud owner of a walking talking Christmas tree fblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now