Talk

Advanced search

To wash my body with shampoo?

(40 Posts)
Secretlifeofme Sun 03-Dec-17 07:46:57

I have some delicious smelling coconut shampoo that is unfortunately terrible for my hair - leaves it greasy AND flaky confused but I don't want to waste it! Had a shower and washed my body with it today and now I smell delicious grin but is this somehow wrong? Is it bad for my skin or anything?

AtrociousCircumstance Sun 03-Dec-17 07:49:32

I doubt it. It’s soap. It doesn’t have magical properties grin

OccasionalNachos Sun 03-Dec-17 07:50:39

I use shampoo instead of shaving gel on my legs sometimes - have never noticed any kind of adverse reaction! It’ll be fine

Secretlifeofme Sun 03-Dec-17 07:50:45

Haha are you sure? It certainly worked some dark magic on my poor hair!

Oncandystripedlegs Sun 03-Dec-17 07:51:38

It will be fine , probably milder on your skin than most shower gels!

Secretlifeofme Sun 03-Dec-17 07:52:32

That is such good news because I literally keep sniffing myself and doing a little happy dance in my head

Caulk Sun 03-Dec-17 07:55:25

I also use it instead of shaving foam. I find it dries out my skin a bit if I wash with it though.

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Sun 03-Dec-17 07:59:15

It'll be fine lol

MrsFoxPlus4 Sun 03-Dec-17 08:01:18

Iv used it as bubble bath before

InspMorse Sun 03-Dec-17 08:06:05

I use shampoo all over - hair & body - every day.
It's milder than shower gel IMHO.
Shower hell gives me thrush

Secretlifeofme Sun 03-Dec-17 08:07:35

This may actually be a gamechanger! Shampoo all over every day, you say? Wow!

InspMorse Sun 03-Dec-17 08:16:38

Yes, all my life! grin
I never buy shower gel!
waits for someone to tell me I'm very wrong!

Orangeplastic Sun 03-Dec-17 08:24:43

They are both detergents - makes no difference. I wash my hair with soap - the proper stuff with no added crap!

Reallycantbebothered Sun 03-Dec-17 08:28:33

Basically it's the same ingredients as soap...so why not!

CountessofGrantham Sun 03-Dec-17 08:32:51

I use it as shower gel every day too. I like the all in one solution and not having more than one smell going on. No one has complained yet!

Orangeplastic Sun 03-Dec-17 10:32:51

Basically it's the same ingredients as soap...so why not!
It's not the same ingredients as soap. Soap is saponified oils.

Nearly all shampoo and shower gels are made from similar ingredients -ie detergents. smile

SaucyJack Sun 03-Dec-17 10:37:18

Oh YANBU. Shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath are all just varying ratios of the same basic ingredients.

Knock yourself out matey.

Rebeccaslicker Sun 03-Dec-17 10:52:27

Be fine on your body - I wouldn't wash your lady bits with it though, could mess up the balance down there.

(Obviously I wouldn't ever be washing your bits but you know what I mean!!!!!!)

Sparklingbrook Sun 03-Dec-17 10:58:52

It will be fine but yes avoid intimate areas as you would with soap.

I use hair conditioner to shave my legs it's brilliant.

formerbabe Sun 03-Dec-17 11:00:53

I often use shampoo to wash myself and also the hair conditioner to shave legs, like another poster said.

YoungBritishPissArtist Sun 03-Dec-17 11:19:36

I decanted unwanted shampoo into my handwash bottle during a thrifty month. No one was any the wiser.

DJBaggySmalls Sun 03-Dec-17 11:23:19

Mind you aren't magically transported to a waterfall on a tropical island. All you clothes will still be on your bathroom floor at home.

Secretlifeofme Sun 03-Dec-17 11:26:45

Loving all these responses, thanks smile I am delighted that I'll be able to have coconut-scented skin for a while! I might even buy another bottle exclusively for use on my body. I know. Rebellious or what?grin

FuzzyCustard Sun 03-Dec-17 11:32:10

I buy cheap shampoo to fill the handwash bottles at every sink. No complaints yet (ie no one has noticed)

formerbabe Sun 03-Dec-17 11:54:12

I buy cheap shampoo to fill the handwash bottles at every sink. No complaints yet (ie no one has noticed)

I thought I was the only one who did this, but I buy a huge bottle of cheap bath foam and fill mine up. I get over three bottles of hand wash filled up for less than a £1. No one has ever noticed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now