Talk

Advanced search

Stomach bug/noro

(15 Posts)
illl Sun 03-Dec-17 02:04:45

Posting here for traffic at this time of night.

I'm so unwell, and I cannot bear the aching anymore especially in my legs.

Not due painkillers and I threw them up anyway sad

What will ease my achy legs?sad

ScreamingValenta Sun 03-Dec-17 02:06:46

Would it be feasible for you to have a hot bath? That always helps me with all-over aching. flowers for you.

illl Sun 03-Dec-17 02:09:48

Not really I have a 2 month old and 4 year old who are both very light sleepers and sleep close to the bathroom. I couldn't risk waking them when I feel so grim.
Thanks though thanks

Blondie1984 Sun 03-Dec-17 02:15:37

How about moisturising them? The rubbing might help a bit

ScreamingValenta Sun 03-Dec-17 02:21:18

That's a shame. Do you have an electric blanket/heated throw that you could put around your legs? It sounds like a horrible bug you've been struck with; I hope it eases off soon, OP.

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Dec-17 02:31:03

Is there anyone you can call on to look after you? flowers

It's bad enough to feel so shit, but if you're worried about waking up your little ones as well...

Is there someone who will have them when they do wake up?

<ton load of sympathy>

illl Sun 03-Dec-17 02:31:07

Thanks everyone will try the heated blanket smile

illl Sun 03-Dec-17 02:32:34

My husband is here but he's also ill though not as severe as me so he will definitely get up with them tomorrow. I feel really mean running a bath when he would have to deal with any night wakings because of the noise.grin

Isadora2007 Sun 03-Dec-17 02:33:15

Get well soon. I remember having the norovirus a few years ago and my back ached so badly. Heat helped...and it passed relatively quickly. flowers

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Dec-17 02:43:57

I'm sure he'd just want you to feel comfortable smile

Heated blanket is perfect.

I remember the nightmare of creeping about so they don't wake up though grin <melts> at 2 month old little toes lol so gorgeous.

AgentZigzag Sun 03-Dec-17 11:41:43

How are you feeling this morning OP?

Hope you managed to get some kip.

illl Sun 03-Dec-17 14:28:49

I'm slightly better thanks smile still very achy but the sickness seems to have stopped.
Thanks for all the replies a hot water bottle helped in the end!

Dippydippydora Sun 03-Dec-17 14:31:42

I have restless painful legs and I put a tube of mosterising cream in hot water and warm it up as hot as I could stand and rub it on. Really helps

JonSnowsWife Sun 03-Dec-17 15:19:46

No advice but get well soon OP. flowers

DoraChance Sun 03-Dec-17 15:24:22

Hope you feel better soon OP. I'm just getting over this but it's really knocked me for six. Feel like I wouldn't need much make up to appear in The Walking Dead today thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now