Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to report this dog?

(11 Posts)
GreenPillow Sat 02-Dec-17 20:57:39

A dog on our road has bitten two postmen, chased people down the street and tried to enter a house with a young baby in it on more than one occasion. WIBU to report this dog as a nuisance? It has escaped several times and has poor recall.

Ttbb Sat 02-Dec-17 20:59:48

YANBU. The owners aren't doing enough to keep other people safe-what if it gets out again and mauls a toddler walking past?

MrsEricBana Sat 02-Dec-17 21:06:09

Yes please do report before someone gets seriously injured.

Jonsey79 Sat 02-Dec-17 21:21:06

Yanbu. A woman walks her dog off lead along my road quite often. It has zero recall and will run into any open door. It's run into my house a few times and has also jumped into the boot of my car and started digging around in the supermarket shopping. The owner gives zero f***s. It's really annoying.

I'd be surprised if the postman hasn't reported it - he definitely should. He could refuse to deliver there surely?

Yes, please report it. Record if possible.

ThisLittleKitty Sat 02-Dec-17 21:57:22

greendale17 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:00:15

Yes definitely report it

Chrys2017 Sat 02-Dec-17 22:57:52

Postmen will report that themselves if it warrants reporting so I think you may be exaggerating?

"Chased down the street" do you mean it followed people down the street or that it was pursuing aggressively with intent to attack?

"Tried to enter a house with a young baby in it"—that is very vague. My dog will enter a house with a young baby if we happen to be going there. Does it know the people in the house? Are you suggesting the dog was going after the baby?

Givemeallthechocolate Sat 02-Dec-17 23:39:32

Please do speak with the dogs owners before doing anything.
Please give them the opportunity to get a behaviouralist/ training and a muzzle for the dog- a week or so.
If nothing changes then do call the police.

I've recently had a similar issue with my dog. He bit someone last week. My behaviouralist has upped involvement, he has a muzzle now, and we are doing all we can but honestly, we are aware that this is a tricky situation and really sadly, we have to put other people's safety first.

Depending on the breed of the dog, according to my behaviouralist, if someone did complain and the dog is a large/bull breed- they'd have to detain the dog in a kennel type of situation and assess, if it showed aggression it would be PTS.

GreenPillow Sun 03-Dec-17 01:07:42

Thanks for the responses. Not exaggerating but didn't realise the postmen would report. Chased people aggressively rather than following. Following calmly is fine but barking angrily, chasing and nipping is more troubling. The dog knows the people vaguely and is more curious than aggressive when it tries to enter. Kids on the estate tease it for a reaction as well which doesn't help.

I don't want the dog pts and have already spoken to the owners who told us they would sort it - this was months ago and nothing has changed. Perhaps I can speak to them again as they do seem to care about the dog but my concern is more for people getting hurt.

lalliella Sun 03-Dec-17 01:09:57

Report it. Imagine how you’d feel if you didn’t and it went for the baby. It’s an offence

lalliella Sun 03-Dec-17 01:10:54

... to have a dog dangerously out of control in a public area anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: