Talk

Advanced search

to say yet again that the lifting of sensitive threads by the Daily Mail has changed Mumsnet (and not for the good) forever?

(10 Posts)
LoveYouTimMinchin Sat 02-Dec-17 16:30:26

Yes, yes, yes I know it's a subject that's been done to death.

Today the Fail have lifted a thread about a Mumsnetter's relationship in trouble (the texting husband one).

I so hate that this happens and that HQ can't do anything about it!

So I'll say once again to the newbies and the inexperienced - do not post about your relationship worries on here. It is all fair game for some of the most hated newspapers out there.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 02-Dec-17 17:02:46

I know. Utter cunts they are.
I'll say one thing. We must live in a wonderful peaceful world
If other peoples relationships are all they have to worry about.

MrMeSeeks Sat 02-Dec-17 17:03:28

Yep, ill never use this site for problems.

yawning801 Sat 02-Dec-17 17:07:39

What arseholes.

sooperdooper Sat 02-Dec-17 17:12:30

This could happen on any website though confused I don't see why anyone is ever shocked that when you post online on a public forum that what you write is in the public domain - if you want your private life private don't post about it online smile

PoorYorick Sat 02-Dec-17 17:14:10

MN is a a huge website, everything is in the public domain anyway.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Sat 02-Dec-17 22:25:05

Simple solution is not to go on the Daily Fail's site. Just ignore them. The thought that they might share a thread that I've posted on won't stop me using MN like I've been doing for the last few years because I couldn't care less if they do. What about this is upsetting posters?

RickGrimesStoleMyHat Sat 02-Dec-17 22:30:44

Mumsnet is full of rubber neckers. Daily Fail is just an extension of that.

Oysterbabe Sat 02-Dec-17 22:35:31

They once printed a poem I wrote on a thread. I was quite proud.

MyRelationshipIsWeird Sat 02-Dec-17 22:40:38

But that's the joy of being anonymous on here. Yes they may share the details but unless it is very specific then people won't know it's you, so it's really no different to all the MNers seeing your posts.

I do think its lazy shit journalism to trawl websites like this for fodder, but that's 'news' these days isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now