Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be pissed off by this?

(11 Posts)
AyeAyeFishyPie Sat 02-Dec-17 00:25:22

My DH has a lot of interests. In the past they have taken up every weekend from april to september but has reigned it in. However he still does something Tuesday evenings, Sunday mornings and about five hours on saturday or sunday, sometimes both.

He was supposed to fill in his availability over the next few weeks. We go away on 17th and he either forgot to put not available for 16 (we are staying overnight elsewhere before we go) or the system messed up, but he got put down for 16th. I have just seen an email from him to the organiser to say he can’t make 16th due to ‘evils from the Mrs’.

I think I’m pretty fucking tolerant. AIBU to be pissed off?

CoolGirlsNeverGetAngry Sat 02-Dec-17 00:28:21

Fuck that noise.
He is using some sexist bullshit to cover the fact he messed up.
Is it cycling by any chance? Let his tyres down.

AyeAyeFishyPie Sat 02-Dec-17 00:29:50

No not cycling.

I’m quite hurt. I had nothing to do with 16th. And he is out Sat and Sun next week to make up for the fact he is then missing it.

FastWindow Sat 02-Dec-17 00:47:28

Have you kids yet? Your response tailors mine.. smile

AyeAyeFishyPie Sat 02-Dec-17 00:50:29

fast no we don’t

FastWindow Sat 02-Dec-17 00:54:29

Thank you fishy if this guy cannot prioritise you now even before children, then good luck in the future.
I wouldn't waste my time trying to change his method. You may disagree?

thedowntontrout Sat 02-Dec-17 00:54:38

God. I hate it when they do that- make it about you instead of admitting their own mistake.
It’s an easy option, all blokes together and makes us (wives) look like unreasonable harpies.

hollowtree Sat 02-Dec-17 00:55:37

This would massively piss me off. He would get more than evils for that shitty comment!!

KeepServingTheDrinks Sat 02-Dec-17 00:59:23

call him out on it and watch him squirm.

Then have a conversation about being a grown up

HelpTheTigers Sat 02-Dec-17 01:01:10

You are DEFINITELY not unreasonable, he's really cheeky and (IMO) sneaky and sly. That's not a nice thing that he did. My Ex used to do something similar, blaming me for not wanting him to go out, when in reality I knew nothing about it, didn't have an opinion on him going out, but he just didn't want to take up the invite from his friends. It was easy, blaming me and going for the sympathy vote too.

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Sat 02-Dec-17 01:36:39

If you're planning to have children you'd better inform him now that his hobby needs to stop completely for several years. No way I'd be left hiking the baby while he disappears all weekend. It's ridiculous! You must almost never see him!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: