Talk

Advanced search

M&S Turkey pie and mash

(6 Posts)
SunRays1 Fri 01-Dec-17 21:31:22

I ordered turkey pie and mash from m&s cafe today for my lunch. The menu stated turkey pie with mash potatoes and gravy. When I cut into the pie it looked a bit suspect. I don’t eat pork so I asked my work colleague to taste it first as I wasn’t sure what meat was in it.
She wasn’t sure so I asked at the till what meat was in the turkey pie, the worker looked at me like I was an idiot and replied “turkey”. I explained the reason as to why I was asking and she then asked one of her colleagues in the kitchen. She came back and told me that there was bacon in it. I explained that I do not eat pork so I would be grateful if they could refund me. I heard her whisper to her colleague that .“she should have asked before ordering”.
So, aibu to expect the meat in a turkey pie to contain only turkey, or for the menu to state what it contains.

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Fri 01-Dec-17 21:33:04

You are not being unreasonable

They should have stated it on the menu

JeReviens Fri 01-Dec-17 21:33:28

I'd have thought if you have specific dietary requirements based either on allergy or religious belief that you would check everything before you eat it. Particularly if eating out - how on earth are they supposed to know what you are or are not allowed to eat?

SomethingNastyInTheBallPool Fri 01-Dec-17 21:34:34

FFS, why would anyone feel they had to ask whether a turkey pie contained pork?! YANBU, OP.

Chrys2017 Fri 01-Dec-17 21:35:25

I wouldn't normally expect a turkey pie to contain bacon, but I think the more complaint-worthy part of your story is the reaction of the member of staff on the till.
If it were me I would write to M&S Customer Services about this.

IslingtonLou Fri 01-Dec-17 21:43:45

You know what, I have noticed that a lot of Christmas themed Turkey food items/dishes contain bacon as standard- eg the food at Starbucks/Costa and M&S’s refrigerated food. I’m not a bacon fan either which is how I noticed. Seems to be a trending combo

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: