Talk

Advanced search

To ask him to leave?

(13 Posts)
Choccywoccydoo10 Fri 01-Dec-17 18:57:00

My partner was round tonight. He's my DS dad. We split up last December. Got back together July time.

He is stressed atm who I understand he's losing his job and has to take another that pays less. He keeps saying he also has depression and I said to go to the docs but he won't. I try to listen to him and try give advice but he won't take it. There's only so much I can listen to without being dragged down my self.

Anyway tonight I said he could have tea which I though spending time as a family would cheer him up. He was miserable as soon as he walked In, on his phone etc. Our son is teething badly so whining. Our son fell over and hurt himself so was comforting him. Then I heard partner mumble "oh I'm so glad I decided to come here tonight, it's made me 10 times worse". I asked what he meant and he said "well I'm stressed enough as it is".

So I snapped and told him to just leave then if that's how he felt. So he stormed out giving me death stares.

AIBU to have told him to leave??

Doyoumind Fri 01-Dec-17 19:02:05

It doesn't sound like it.

pictish Fri 01-Dec-17 19:03:27

Nope. He sounds like a self indulgent git.

Psychobabble123 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:03:29

Definitely not

QuackingHell Fri 01-Dec-17 19:03:32

He wants you but not your DS. Get rid.

Coastalcommand Fri 01-Dec-17 19:03:48

He sounds awful Op. yes you are absolutely right to ask him to leave.

Doubletrouble42 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:03:52

Sounds like a self absorbed loser. And I say that as a sufferer of depression.

Choccywoccydoo10 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:17:08

He adores our son I will just say that but yea he is quite self absorbed. He's doing a charge atm to try "change". In one of his sheets he wrote:
"Don't support partner"
"Don't want to be moody and people walk on egg shells around me"
"Not snap at son for small things"

That's all I saw. He doesn't know I saw it. Think I've had enough. I don't need his rude comments! Me last year would have took that comment he said. Me now won't stand to be spoken to like that.

Choccywoccydoo10 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:17:34

*course not charge

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 01-Dec-17 19:20:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HandbagCrazy Fri 01-Dec-17 19:25:34

Your child comes first in this situation. It's only fair that to protect him from this, you remove your dp. He was basically saying that unless things are going well, he can't cope and while that is understandable to a degree if you're depressed, it's not fair to take that out on those around you.

I hope his course is helping, but it's important that he takes responsible for facing this and doesn't put any pressure on you to make his life easier.

Choccywoccydoo10 Fri 01-Dec-17 20:01:02

He hasn't done the course in a week now. He does this with everything. Starts something and doesn't see it through. I can't help him with his depression he has to do that himself. I don't feel I can do anything.
Also to see he snaps at our son when I'm not around made me feel so sad for my son. I know he adore him but our son is a toddler and is now going to be testing boundaries so who knows if he takes it out on our son

pointythings Fri 01-Dec-17 20:17:25

I think you need to make him leave on a permanent basis, to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now