Talk

Advanced search

To be shocked at this email I got from a company?

(38 Posts)
BornInSydneyy Fri 01-Dec-17 18:35:23

Maybe I’m being silly. Background, had a skin care treatment done. Quite expensive (for me anyway) and on the day of the treatment it was nothing like they had described. I emailed and asked someone to call but they refused to do that.

After searching I found a terrible review of them which highlighted my experience and I sent that to them and asked them to please refund me for the treatments I hadn’t had (paid for 3 and only had 1 so far) as they seemed like a scam. This is what they sent me -

“I don't see how the ignorant comments of some other uninformed and delusional person online in any way validates your defamatory remarks below.

That person will now be on the receiving end of a legal action for disseminating false information online, so I suggest you do not commit a similar offence to avoid legal proceedings being brought against you also.

Your remaining treatments have been cancelled, and the amount refundable has been returned to your card used. It may take 2-3 working days to appear on your statement.

Please do not contact this clinic again. Aftercare and all communications are henceforth terminated.”

BornInSydneyy Fri 01-Dec-17 18:35:40

Aibu to be shocked by this?

thegirlupnorth Fri 01-Dec-17 18:37:17

That's disgusting. I'd report them to the appropriate regulator.

ItsAHardKn0ckLife1 Fri 01-Dec-17 18:38:16

Very unprofessional shock

rupertpenryswife Fri 01-Dec-17 18:38:51

Did you not say at the time you were unhappy? Or were you persuaded by the negative online comments? I think the company have acted in the correct way with you, you have your money back and they don't have an unhappy customer turning up. What did you want to happen?

Fairyfellowsmasterstroke Fri 01-Dec-17 18:39:02

Was this the treatment you had whilst a stranger was in the room with the clinician???

And yes, you've clearly used a rogue company. Just keep checking your account to make sure your refund has been processed.

mumonashoestring Fri 01-Dec-17 18:39:31

Nice attempt at scaring you into shutting up and going away. Sadly for them it's only defamation if it's unfounded/untrue so take some photos or similar that compare what you requested with what they did to give you some hard evidence, and don't be afraid to post honest reviews of their services.

TheWickerWoman Fri 01-Dec-17 18:40:52

Wait for your refund then leave them a stinking review. How dare they!

ButchyRestingFace Fri 01-Dec-17 18:41:06

If aftercare is part of the deal, then they should offer you that for the treatment received and if not prepared to do so, I would think you are - at least morally - due a partial refund.

Wouldn’t hold my breath though. I hope they DO refund you as per the email.

BornInSydneyy Fri 01-Dec-17 18:41:20

Actually I might ask for this thread to be removed. I don’t want them to see it and then not refund me. sad

AppleKatie Fri 01-Dec-17 18:41:35

Yes that is pretty aggressive of them.

Poor you, at least they refunded I guess.

BadPolicy Fri 01-Dec-17 18:42:25

I'd post completely factually accurate reviews on as many websites as you can find.

MissionItsPossible Fri 01-Dec-17 18:42:45

Keep the emails and take screenshots also so it has the date and time in the corner on a computer. They are basically intimidating you and have stolen money from you.

MissionItsPossible Fri 01-Dec-17 18:43:38

You WILL get the refund, OP, because what they are doing is illegal. Take it to court if you have to.

BornInSydneyy Fri 01-Dec-17 18:44:40

I’ve reported my own post grin but thank you for the replies. Fingers crossed I get my refund. I paid on debit card so hopefully if I don’t then I can do a chargeback with my bank as they’ve clearly said in their email I’d be refunded.

Blackcatonthesofa Fri 01-Dec-17 18:47:37

Post their email. It's clear enough and their own words so no defamaction. Nobody wants to buy a service that communicates to their clients like that.

MissionItsPossible Fri 01-Dec-17 18:47:49

I'll post quickly then but echo butchy if the aftercare is part of the deal then they owe you that too and if that is not refunded then you should pursue it.

Blackcatonthesofa Fri 01-Dec-17 18:47:57

Sorry for the spelling mistake

peepholepringle Fri 01-Dec-17 18:52:52

This isn't a salon in Shropshire, is it? Sounds very much like the owner of the place I used to go to.

RhiannonOHara Fri 01-Dec-17 18:53:05

TBH I wouldn't have sent them someone else's review. But they are clearly chancers. Make sure you get the money back, and I'd demand a refund for the aftercare they've cancelled as well.

BornInSydneyy Fri 01-Dec-17 18:59:42

I sent them the review as I wanted to highlight that I’m not the only person who experienced the same issues with them. I’m not sure how I can demand a refund for aftercare, they’ll ignore my emails from this point.

MyLearnedFriend Fri 01-Dec-17 19:04:48

Small Claims Court. Also, they can't bring an action for defamation if it's true!

LIZS Fri 01-Dec-17 19:19:37

Did you post about this the other day? Many "treatments" are not regulated or scientifically proven but promise much to potentially vulnerable people. It is dubious to use another's negative review to substantiate your claim, after all on the likes of Tripadvisor you tend to find more negative than positive, not always reasonable complaints. Take your refund and cut your losses.

RhiannonOHara Fri 01-Dec-17 19:21:22

Yep, Small Claims Court for a refund for all the costs they owe you, including cancelled aftercare.

Callamia Fri 01-Dec-17 19:23:24

I’d post that email. It’s terrible and completely stupid. Let them suffer for their threatening behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now