Talk

Advanced search

bloody delivery drivers

(105 Posts)
Violletta Fri 01-Dec-17 17:17:26

I've aparantly had a package 'delivered to a 6ft middle aged fair haired man in my house...' funny that there is no one of that description in my house at all
and my house has 2 numbers, and they said... '2 houses put together' my house doesn't look like 2 houses put together....

fuckers

MyWhatICallNameChange Fri 01-Dec-17 17:20:21

Mine was left on the doorstep despite the fact that my teenagers were sitting on the sofa in front of the window next to the front door. They didn't bother knocking. hmm

Namechangetempissue Fri 01-Dec-17 17:21:26

I had a package "attempted delivery" to my business address the other day. Bollocks did they attempt anything, we are open from 6am-11pm 🙄. I did point that out to Amazon, plus the fact we have extensive CCTV.... no answer yet

Buildalegohouse Fri 01-Dec-17 17:23:33

I have had two attempted delivery notes pushed through today and I have been here the whole bloody time. So annoying as one says they will attempt to deliver tomorrow - it’s a Christmas gift for DH so would have preferred it to have come today when he was at work. angry

ThisLittleKitty Fri 01-Dec-17 17:25:37

My sister just had one delivered to her neighbour.. Only it was actually left out side by her recycling bin over night in the rain as she hadn't spotted it and neighbour said she didn't receive anything so the box and contents got soaked!

VeganIan Fri 01-Dec-17 17:30:12

I had a parcel delivered to me in the school car park yesterday. Clearly less courier, more stalker grin He said "I knew you'd be here" I do too much online shopping

PerditaSinjorino Fri 01-Dec-17 17:30:15

I had a medium-sized 'signed-for' parcel left under the outside doormat. It was ridiculous. It was clearly an attempt to make it look like they'd attempted to leave it hidden in a 'safe place', except the parcel wasn't remotely flat and could clearly be seen, I hadn't authorised or specified a safe place and the deliverer didn't leave a card to say "its hidden under the doormat" so if the deliverer thought they'd hidden it successfully, how on Earth did he/she expect I'd find it?!

I was lucky that nobody stole it

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Sat 02-Dec-17 12:11:49

Even my post man has taken to being a dick and not Leaving notes or leaving them on the back door step where the cat flap is.

EnglishRose13 Sat 02-Dec-17 12:19:17

I had perfume thrown over my gate.

Crochetnanigans Sat 02-Dec-17 12:19:32

I've had a delivery notification today. My parcel was handed to the named resident.... But delivered to a town 50 miles away. Where is my parcel!

FreshHerbs Sat 02-Dec-17 12:22:54

I had a package left in my waste bin outside the front of my house. This was small enough to fit through my letterbox so confused me to why he would place in the bin. Also had a courier open my parcel and post my item as I wasn't home at the time and packaging was to big to fit through letterbox. When you complain nothing happens. Hermes and yodel are the worst

Chrys2017 Sat 02-Dec-17 12:27:30

FreshHerbs I'm waiting in all day for Hermes and Yodel packages right now! They will be delivered "before 9pm", apparently. This is the fourth day in a row I've waited in for the Yodel package (antique purchased from eBay in America, otherwise I would have just given up and bought it elsewhere by now!).

Online shopping certainly is losing its appeal.

bakingcupcakes Sat 02-Dec-17 12:35:43

I had someone elses package 'delivered' aka left behind my car in the rain. I was away on holiday so god knows how long it'd been there but it was completely soaked. It should have gone to a house about a quarter of mile down the road. They're a number diff to mine on the opposite side. I delivered it with a note. halo

Yogagirl123 Sat 02-Dec-17 12:37:58

DH and DS1 left the house early this morning and found a box dumped on the doorstep, my new Skechers that I had ordered, bell not rang, I have no idea when they were delivered.

A few years ago, my(MS) disease modifying medication was delivered by courier when I was out collecting my children from school and that was also left on the doorstep. Thank goodness it didn’t get into the wrong hands. Despite saying that the meds should be delivered before 12noon and must be signed for!

thelastredwinegum Sat 02-Dec-17 12:39:55

Had a parcel sent to work "no access to building"

Our office closes twice a year Christmas Day & New Years Day hmm

LuckyAmy1986 Sat 02-Dec-17 12:58:25

No no no. Parcel force are the worst.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Sat 02-Dec-17 13:06:56

I had three parcels, one that should have been signed for and obviously wasn’t, left in my recycling bin, ON BIN DAYshock two weeks ago. It wasn’t even a courier it was Royal Mail!

TonicAndTonic Sat 02-Dec-17 13:11:14

I had perfume thrown over my gate

I once had prosecco thrown over the gate of the same numbered house in the next street! The lovely lady who lived there brought it round. It was a surprise gift from a relative so not expecting it, but credit to M&S, it survived the experience!

HitManHitMan Sat 02-Dec-17 13:13:53

thesun.uk/6180DElzp

HitManHitMan Sat 02-Dec-17 13:15:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

condepetie Sat 02-Dec-17 13:22:01

Had two parcels delivered yesterday "to a neighbour". What neighbour? Who knows!

Hermes tells me they're in a cupboard. Which cupboard? Who knows!!

Fucking Hermes. Now just have to hope that Boots will send it out again.

ToadOfSadness Sat 02-Dec-17 14:44:08

I was woken way before 8.00 this morning by a delivery, struggled to unlock the front door, peered round the edge and was handed a Christmas tree in a box, no wrapping.

I didn't see which company delivered but from past experience it is usually someone who sells on Amazon as well as elsewhere and the stock arrives via Amazon when it is so early.

Wasn't best pleased as it has spoiled the surprise as it was seen by the person I am surprising.

GerdaLovesLili Sat 02-Dec-17 14:48:12

My parcel was put on the van for delivery on the 30th. Where it's been ever since. Apart from the fact that I apparently rescheduled the delivery at 8.30pm yesterday. No I bloody didn't.

But I really would like my parcel please. Bastards.

everybodylovesabosom Sat 02-Dec-17 15:12:39

My DH went outside to put the bin out yesterday and found a box of cheese! At 7am shock Courier had chucked it over the 6ft gate and it landed on the bin at the side of the house. No note, nothing!

MrMeSeeks Sat 02-Dec-17 15:19:47

Hermes are the pits.
This weeks i've had two orders not delivered. They don't even know where the driver has put them!
I don't know why companies continue to use them.
If I'd know this company used them I wouldn't have bothered ordering.
They destroyed my items, thrown things into my garden ( destroying things in it), left things sitting on a drive etc

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: