Talk

Advanced search

New Years resolutions...

(8 Posts)
Emlou07 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:23:14

Do you set them? Do you stick to them? What are they?

Every year is a ‘ new year, new me’ and well... absolutely nothing changes grin

MissBax Fri 01-Dec-17 11:24:46

I'm exactly the same OP, ha! Every year I think it'll be the one I stick to healthy eating, introduce regular exercise into my life etc. Never do!

Emlou07 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:27:02

I don’t think I’ve ever stuck to any resolution I’ve ever made! blush

PippleBang Fri 01-Dec-17 14:37:19

I have never stuck to them. But this year I decided to read 52 books in 52 weeks and I'm currently on 46 so I think for the first time in my life I may accomplish it!

FauxFox Fri 01-Dec-17 14:46:59

i think the best NY resolutions have a goal to achieve rather than a never-ending lifestyle change. My best one was joint with DD when she was in Y2 - it was that we would get her to swim 5m no touching the bottom. She did it by April/May and it was our 'resolution' that got us down to the pool every week and focussed on the challenge. (it needed to get done because school swimming started in Y3 and I really wanted her to have some kind of ability at the start because I am a crap swimmer and dreaded school swimming...)

EverythingEverywhere1234 Fri 01-Dec-17 14:51:03

I don't exactly make New Years resolutions, but I do think hard about the year that has gone by and try and pick one negative thing which I could change, and then change it over the year ahead.

Seniorcitizen1 Fri 01-Dec-17 14:53:37

Never made one so never had issue about sticking to them. New year is just a date/ number and not special

constantlyseekinghappiness Fri 01-Dec-17 16:53:05

I agree with Fox!

Write down some goals you would like to achieve or things you’d like to do and work towards them. E.g. get a new job, or apply for a promotion, go to a particular destination youve always to, etc.

Or small things - read a book you’ve always wanted to, learn to do something...

Much more inspiring and easy to achieve than trying to deprive yourself of something (give up smoking, etc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now