Talk

Advanced search

Aibu?

(15 Posts)
helloworld123 Fri 01-Dec-17 08:14:54

Hello everyone.
So me and DP have been together 6 years with two DC. His uncle is having a 50th birthday tonight and he is saying he wants to go. Bearing in mind he hasn't seen said uncle in over 10 years nor the children (his cousins) so I really can't see why he wants to go since he will know hardly anyone there apart from a couple of cousins and his auntie and uncle. He is also very aware of the fact a couple of his ex girlfriends will be there as they are very close friends with his cousins which seems to me he purposely wants to go to catch up with them.
He hasn't had the best track record in the past (never physically cheated but emotionally did with a work friend when I was pregnant which took me a long time to get over).
I however, can't attend as have to stay at home with the children as he refuses a babysitter when I can do it?! Don't get me wrong I would feel uncomfortable going as I won't know anyone but an invite would be lovely. He hasn't been formally invited, just a brief "family and friends welcome".
AIBU to think he shouldn't go? Or should I just stop overthinking so much and let him get on with it?!

ShatnersWig Fri 01-Dec-17 08:16:43

he refuses a babysitter

Um, think this is more worrying than the issue you posted about frankly

ZoeWashburne Fri 01-Dec-17 08:21:30

Uhhh how does he unilaterally ‘refuse’ a babysitter?confused

helloworld123 Fri 01-Dec-17 08:21:46

It's because family members aren't available and he wouldn't want to pay for someone. Apparently.

YouCantArgueWithStupid Fri 01-Dec-17 08:24:34

Just for him saying he "refuses a baby sitter" he'd be told to go and not come back!

ShatnersWig Fri 01-Dec-17 08:24:36

But you want to pay for someone, don't you?

DressedCrab Fri 01-Dec-17 08:26:02

Tell him you'll pay for a sitter yourself. I doubt he'll still want to go. Prick.

helloworld123 Fri 01-Dec-17 08:28:08

Yes I would pay for someone, but it's getting someone now at such short notice. He only told me 2 days ago it's tonight and he was going so hasn't left long to get things sorted and I'd have no chance to go now as finding a sitter the same day is difficult.

Adamsmom Fri 01-Dec-17 08:28:46

What happened if you just 'popped in' with the children?

Mrsdraper1 Fri 01-Dec-17 08:29:53

Book a babysitter and don't tell him till they arrive. Then you can go together and watch him squirm in front of his ex gf's!

Mrsdraper1 Fri 01-Dec-17 08:30:24

If I lived near you I would come and babysit for free

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 01-Dec-17 08:34:10

He doesn’t get to make this decisions alone, you do not have to stand for that. Urgh he just sounds like a twat.

Redsippycup Fri 01-Dec-17 08:35:08

Your kids are his uncle's family. Are they not 'welcome' as well? A 50th in my or DPs family would have kids there. Is that not normal?

If he won't get a babysitter then I would rock up with the kids if he's insisting on going. I expect his family at the party would like to see them anyway.

timeisnotaline Fri 01-Dec-17 08:37:14

If he refuses a babysitter take the kids. And say that is what will happen every time he decides he is going out but you have to stay home as he won't get a babysitter.

Valerrie Fri 01-Dec-17 09:00:19

Why would he want to go to a family party without you?

Stand up to him and take the children.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: