Talk

Advanced search

About my flimsy jeans

(4 Posts)
KnitsBakesAndReads Thu 30-Nov-17 23:46:18

I’m appealing to the collective wisdom of Mumsnet...

I wear jeans (not the same pair!) most days and at the moment I’m spending far too much on new ones as they inevitably get holes in the knees within about a month.

To be fair, I’m a stay at home Mum so I spend a decent part of everyday kneeling on the floor to play, read stories, change nappies, clean up after meals etc. But still, there must be a brand of jeans out there that can cope with a bit of wear and tear. --Maybe someone’s invented jeans with reinforced knees specifically for parents of small children?--

I’ve even considered patching the knees of jeans that are ripped but I’m crap at sewing and frankly I’d end up looking like a complete twat wearing a failed GCSE textiles project.

So, AIBU to ask you to recommend a brand of jeans that’s going to last longer than five minutes and not cost a small fortune?

Littlelambpeep Thu 30-Nov-17 23:49:51

I just threw another pair i
n the bin. No quality at all!! ( I sound about ninety )

LovingLola Thu 30-Nov-17 23:54:05

I don't think I have ever worn out a pair of jeans within a month. When mine were small I spent hours on the floor with them and never had that issue. Is there a clothing alterations place you could take them to and get patches put on the inside of the knees?

TheFrenchLieutenantsMonkey Thu 30-Nov-17 23:57:02

Totally understand, although mine go at the thigh as I'm of the larger persuasion i'm fat get mine from Sainsbury's. £10-14, different cuts, different colours and last longer than any others I've had.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now