Talk

Advanced search

...or is a nice bed impossible to find?!

(14 Posts)
SpangledBoots Thu 30-Nov-17 22:06:34

I've been looking for weeks!

My criteria is:
- double
- to go in a pale grey room - so white, grey or metallic (no wood or fabric in case they don't look quite right)
- possibility of under bed storage would be nice but not essential

Why is this so impossible to find? Am I just being far too choosy?

ToadOfSadness Thu 30-Nov-17 22:28:09

I needed a 4ft bed to fit a room. It took a while but I found a white metal frame bed with wooden slatted base on Ebay which was just what I wanted, however I actually searched every listing in the size rather than using the search terms because they tend to miss things out.

I bought a mattress from an independent shop which took a lot longer as I tried them all for hours, went to lunch then went back and tried them again to be sure of getting the right one. It is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in.

They seem to appear for sale in phases so maybe you need to keep looking until new stuff is available.

OverinaFlash Thu 30-Nov-17 22:31:06

Have you tried the Cotswold Company?

hazelnutlatte Thu 30-Nov-17 22:32:37

My IKEA bed is all of those things

DowntonCrabby Thu 30-Nov-17 22:32:59

We have this, it is fabric but against a dark grey wall I think works well. The gas lift ottoman storage is AMAZING!!

www.made.com/finlay-kingsize-bed-with-storage-persian-grey-2

AlcoholicsUnanimous Thu 30-Nov-17 22:34:10

Warren Evans do some beds in white.

thecatsthecats Thu 30-Nov-17 22:53:46

www.dreams.co.uk/blake-copper-bed-frame

We got a cheaper version of this from Benson's, but this is the nice one.

I have the bed and now want the pale grey walls (trying to wean fiance onto the idea).

retirednow Thu 30-Nov-17 22:58:03

Hypnos, sooooooo comfortable. Expensive but worth every penny.

FlouncyDoves Thu 30-Nov-17 23:02:06

Another vote for Ikea. We have a few of their beds - excellent

kally195 Thu 30-Nov-17 23:27:22

We got our bed from the Cornish Bed Company cornishbeds.co.uk

We paired it with a Hypnos mattress. Worth every penny - no other bed measures up!

Acrosstheuniverse123 Thu 30-Nov-17 23:30:29

Is there anywhere you can try Hypnos mattresses?

beelover Thu 30-Nov-17 23:34:25

Premier Inn beds are Hypnos.

retirednow Fri 01-Dec-17 00:09:21

You can buy the premier inn bed on the hypnos website. You can buy the other range in stores or online

Rebeccaslicker Fri 01-Dec-17 00:12:47

We got a lovely one with a grey frame and headboard - we went for a tempur mattress but you can have any mattress - we went first to "and so to bed" and they priced it all up... £7,000!!!

Went to bensons for beds instead and got it for a much more realistic price! You could try their website and see if they have anything you like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now