Talk

Advanced search

To have a teenage like strop that my mother has cancelled our vair fancy lunch?

(7 Posts)
TattiusTeddius Thu 30-Nov-17 09:12:54

My mum is coming to visit me tomorrow. She was gonna treat me and her to a lunch in a fairly fancy restaurant that is doing a special 2-course menu for £23 (bargain for this spot). I rarely can afford this place when it's full price and so was really excited.

She rang this morning to say she's cancelled the lunch. She's 'accidentally' spent the money on my kids 🙄. I asked her what on, and it seems like she's got a pile of random tat stuff - German activity books (they learn French and Spanish at school), and a My Little Pony CD for bloody £17 alone! I told her we don't even have a CD player and my DD is way past MLP anyway.

WIBU to say that I need a fancy lunch more than the kids need CDs and German books so can she please take it back and re-book the lunch? 🙊 I was looking forward to trying Calvados Jus 😂

Dafspunk Thu 30-Nov-17 09:13:36

Just go to the lunch yourself?

TattiusTeddius Thu 30-Nov-17 09:26:19

I'd feel like a bit of a wally sat on my own while my mum stays at home or wanders round town confused

Columbine1 Thu 30-Nov-17 09:31:05

Sounds like she's been to a book party at a friend's house & felt she had to buy stuff.
If that's the case it might be difficult to return. But maybe offer to help return the inappropriate stuff if possible. And or share the cost of the lunch if you can.

MissionItsPossible Thu 30-Nov-17 10:10:19

Before asking, I'd check with the restaurant that nobody has taken your slot and it's now fully booked if it's fancy and offering a brilliant deal. How disappointing! I'd feel let down too.

livefornaps Thu 30-Nov-17 11:00:00

I'd be really upset. That's really shoddy of your mum. You don't cease to exist as a person who looks forward to things just because you are now also a mum.

MyKingdomForBrie Thu 30-Nov-17 11:09:42

That really sucks. You’re not BU at all. She needs to take the stuf back or find the money elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now