Talk

Advanced search

To say I love my mum?

(48 Posts)
KimchiLaLa Wed 29-Nov-17 21:03:55

I realise this is slightly off here but I wanted to tell someone...my DD is only 9 weeks and in that time my mum has just been the most amazing help. Nothing is too much trouble. DD loves her...she cooks us meals, helps with DD and her nappies, when she cries, feeds her...I've just come back from staying with her and I miss her terribly. Just wanted to tell someone!

WorraLiberty Wed 29-Nov-17 21:07:55

Aww this is lovely to hear thanks

I love my mum too. She's been gone 16 years but we have such wonderful memories of her.

Snap8TheCat Wed 29-Nov-17 21:21:57

Ah that’s amazing.

I love my mum too, she does so much for us all, nothing is ever too much trouble and she never interferes or oversteps the line.

Notsooriginalwerther Wed 29-Nov-17 21:26:01

This is so lovely, your mum sounds incredible!

My mum is very similar, really helped out when my dd was born and was there through my entire labour being so strong for me! Maybe give your mum a call/text when you’ve got the time and tell her how much you miss her and love her! I might pop my mum a quick message now flowers

SleepingStandingUp Wed 29-Nov-17 21:28:02

Have you told her?

whataconundrum Wed 29-Nov-17 21:31:25

Lovely to hear xx

Mittens1969 Wed 29-Nov-17 21:52:29

That's so good to hear, it's lovely that your DD has a mummy and a grandma that adore her. smile

cunningartificer Wed 29-Nov-17 21:53:06

Tell her. Not just us! You are absolutely right to cherish her. Celebrate her! I miss my mother. Don’t forget to tell yours how much she matters.

WhooooAmI24601 Wed 29-Nov-17 21:54:18

Ah this is gorgeous!

speakout Wed 29-Nov-17 22:02:27

You are lucky to have a mother like that.

All my mother wanted to do was sit and hold my babies when they were born having everyone bring her stuff.

I don't think she even made me a cup of tea.

uncoolnn Wed 29-Nov-17 22:04:14

Ahh a lovely thread for a change. How nice to read.

I have had the week from hell and my mum has been my absolute rock keeping me busy. I love her to bits.

Haggisfish Wed 29-Nov-17 22:08:48

Yanbu. My mum also is amazing and just brilliant. As is my mother in law. I’m lucky, but I give back as much love as I get.

SylviaTietjens Wed 29-Nov-17 22:11:29

I love my dm. She is the most bloody minded, stubborn, argumentative person I’ve ever met and I’d be absolutely lost without her.

tinygirlsmum Wed 29-Nov-17 22:11:55

Same. I hope I am as good to my DD as my mum was and is to me. She's amazing

FineAsWeAre Wed 29-Nov-17 22:13:43

This is lovely. I don't love my mum, we haven't seen each other for years but my MIL is amazing. I'd be completely lost without her.

Bella8 Wed 29-Nov-17 22:14:13

I'm so jealous of everybody's amazing Mums. My Mum has been terrible and has never been there for me or her grandchild...

WorraLiberty Wed 29-Nov-17 22:38:24

Good point Fine about MILs too.

My MIL is absolutely lovely and so is my ex MIL.

lightlite Wed 29-Nov-17 22:45:06

I had the most wonderful mum too. she's been gone now for nearly 20 years, but everything i am is because of her. Nobody else loved my children as much as she did, they loved her too. When life is hard i think of my mum, she gives me the strength to carry on.

KimchiLaLa Thu 30-Nov-17 18:27:20

I expected to be flamed a little for being a bit cheesy but I'm glad to hear others feel the same! And I do realise not everyone is as lucky. I have told her but she laughs it off! That's the thing, she doesn't think she's doing anything special - she just thinks she's doing her job. I'm taking her to get a mani pedi done on Sat as an early birthday treat but I suppose that should also be a thank you...

DeadGood Thu 30-Nov-17 18:31:07

Lovely post. Enjoy this time x

AmethystRaven Thu 30-Nov-17 18:34:58

When I was in hospital after having DD I was having a really rough time and she texted 'help is on the way, dear!' (from Mrs Doubtfire, we used to watch it all the time as kids) and I had a massive I Want My Mummy moment and she came and made me feel better.

She does so much for us even though we're grown ups now.

KimchiLaLa Fri 01-Dec-17 21:51:00

Amethyst that's a lovely story

MrTrebus Fri 01-Dec-17 21:57:07

Mine too! Her and my dad have both been amazing with my first DD and have gone way above and beyond for us,I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to repay them or thank them enough and i love seeing my daughter's face light up when they come to see her. Great thread OP!

Sophia1984 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:19:37

I absolutely cannot imagine how I would have coped since having had my son if it hadn't been for my mum. Grannies can be absolutely amazing. My son is 16 months now and they have such a lovely bond (I think he sometimes prefers her to me..)

doodlejump1980 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:23:28

Lovely thing to read smile I lost my Mum 4 years ago and she never knew her twin grandsons. I weep for their loss of what an amazing granny I know she would have been. Give your Mum an extra long squeezy cuddle the next time you see her x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now