Talk

Advanced search

Flights

(7 Posts)
Henrysmycat Wed 29-Nov-17 19:08:26

Hello. I’m in a situation and I need a quick answer.
Suddenly, 5 hours before the flight, easyjet changed my flight. The arrival airport has changed to one 7 hours away by bus (YES 7 HOURS AWAY!!) from the original booked. Think you book a flight London to Milan and now they take you to Rome.
They said they will provide bus service between the Rome and Milan.
That while bad it’s doable. Now for the return flight they automatically changed the return flight on the app from Milan to Rome even tho my boarding pass has the original airport. I can’t get a straight answer if I can book a flight from original airport to the new designated one and what are my consumer rights. Can anyone help me. They told me, I can’t cancel the flights anyway and lose my money. As you understand, it’s too late as all other flights are jammed.

Henrysmycat Wed 29-Nov-17 19:11:08

Anyone?

Koalablue Thu 30-Nov-17 03:16:11

I have no idea. just bumping it for you.

SandLand Thu 30-Nov-17 04:22:58

The return boarding pass probably is no longer valid.
I hope you are safely in Milan. I think you need to kick up a stink about the return flight til you know the answer (are all flight to/from Milan cancelled??).
You can also try for compensation as your arrival will be several hours different from advertised.

Spock25 Thu 30-Nov-17 06:55:02

I have never heard of anything so ridiculous. Can they seriously get away with that? I have no advice unfortunately, just expressing outrage shock

JagerPlease Thu 30-Nov-17 07:50:08

My understanding is that if they change your flight so that your arrival at original destination is going to be more than a certain amount you're entitled to a full refund if you choose not to fly. If it's due to a delay at the airport, that time is 5 hours. I'm not sure in your case as they technically told you earlier, but I'm certain 7 hours is long enough to be entitled to cancellation and refund! If your original flight was also cancelled, even if you accept the new flight you're entitled to standard delay compensation of €250-600 depending on how far you're flying

Berthatydfil Thu 30-Nov-17 07:52:17

Sorry can’t help on the practicalities but that’s outrageous behaviour by the Airline.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: