Talk

Advanced search

I'm fucking sick of Harry and Meghan already

(263 Posts)
ssd Tue 28-Nov-17 08:05:46

I don't care if they got engaged or hey went to the moon, I'm sick of the constant media nonsense about them already

the gov will be delighted, finally something to take attention away from the fuck up that is brexit

HuskyMcClusky Tue 28-Nov-17 08:06:59

YANBU.

I’m over it, and I’m on the other side of the planet. confused

ssd Tue 28-Nov-17 08:07:12

and them saying they want to make the world a better place, or some such crap, well maybe start with getting granny to pay her taxes, i'm sure that'll help a few hospitals out

Alittlepotofrosie Tue 28-Nov-17 08:07:15

Same here. I follow the guardian and have had to hide about 20 stories about it already. I judge people who care about this sort of vacuous irrelevant shite.

strugglingtodomybest Tue 28-Nov-17 08:07:48

Me too.

mrssunshinexxx Tue 28-Nov-17 08:08:41

Couldn't agree more it's no more important than you or I getting engaged !

Slartybartfast Tue 28-Nov-17 08:08:56

dont read it then?
it is New News and for a change it is Good news.

SuburbanRhonda Tue 28-Nov-17 08:09:30

We’ve got a couple of industrial-strength royalists in our school - might have to give the staff room a swerve for the next six months grin

LakieLady Tue 28-Nov-17 08:09:48

Yep, it's bread and fucking circuses. Let's give the proles something to distract from the way the country's going to hell in a handbasket.

Just caught a bit on the tv about the risk of a banking crisis, but it Harry & Meghan shite.

mathsquestions Tue 28-Nov-17 08:10:41

Hey. Why so bitter.

tillytown Tue 28-Nov-17 08:10:55

I'm with you OP

YouThought Tue 28-Nov-17 08:11:10

Yanbu. it's nauseating sycophantic crap. I'm sure they are lovely but I don't get why anyone cares that some ridiculously privileged bloke is marrying an actress.

TheDowagerCuntess Tue 28-Nov-17 08:11:11

It's a nice thing, but it really doesn't deserve the level of saturation it's getting.

Hopefully the media will have moved on by tomorrow.

P.S. I found the interview with them talking about the proposal so cringey that I had to make it stop, and I usually think he's alright.

Slartybartfast Tue 28-Nov-17 08:11:59

And she will have to be nice to all sorts of people, feel sad for her wink

PumpkinSquash Tue 28-Nov-17 08:12:04

dont read it then?
it is New News and for a change it is Good news.

This. I'm not a Royalist, but it's a bit of nice news for once. You might be "fucking sick already" of a wedding, but I'm "fucking sick" of all the whining, complaining, miserable twats out there.

littlehandcuffs Tue 28-Nov-17 08:12:07

Why are you watching it then? (and starting threads about it?) It's easy to avoid.

ssd Tue 28-Nov-17 08:14:18

its easy to avoid, are you kidding? its on the news everytime I turn it on and I only watch the news

BiglyBadgers Tue 28-Nov-17 08:14:19

dont read it then?

I'd only it was that easy. Not only is it everywhere, but more importantly it is pushing genuinely important stuff off the front pages and the headlines. I'm sure it's jolly nice for them and I can live we a mention or two, but when it's taking time off discussing major issues because two people have decided to get hitched it's bloody infuriating.

YouThought Tue 28-Nov-17 08:14:30

dont read it then?

I eventually gave up trying to find a radio channel that wasn't going on and on and on about this 'news' yesterday. I wouldn't have minded a one line mention that Harry is engaged but it was ridiculous.

SemolinaSilkpaws Tue 28-Nov-17 08:14:36

I was pleased for all of about ten minutes then cross as felt the impending volcano eruption was much more newsworthy and interesting.

Is it me or does she look a tad like Pippa Middleton?

PumpkinSquash Tue 28-Nov-17 08:14:45

and starting threads about it?

Lol, exactly! "I hate it and I'm fucking sick of everyone talking about it. Everybody shut up about it. I know, I've got a good idea! Let's create yet another Harry gets married thread on MN to get people talking about it even MORE!"
confused grin

expatinscotland Tue 28-Nov-17 08:14:56

I'm with you. Bunch of Wag the Dog bollocks.

HuskyMcClusky Tue 28-Nov-17 08:14:56

It's easy to avoid.

To be fair, it’s really not.

I got sick of it on the news sites today and clicked over to Apartment Therapy (US-based home design website), and it was the third article on there. confused

AgentProvocateur Tue 28-Nov-17 08:16:05

Bread and circuses

PumpkinSquash Tue 28-Nov-17 08:16:23

To be fair, it’s really not.

Yeah, it kind of is. Read a book instead, or put a favourite cd on, or a boxset.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: