Talk

Advanced search

To take this parcel to the post office tomorrow?

(57 Posts)
lunar1 Sun 26-Nov-17 16:57:02

On our road we always take parcels in for each other, obviously there are lots at this time of year.

Six days ago I signed for a parcel for one neighbour, I have been round every day, sometimes twice and they have not answered the door. Last night I saw a takeaway driver pull up and they opened the door, I raced to get my shoes on and less than two mins later was knocking on the door.

Again they didn't answer. I know they are in on loads of the times I've been over. WIBU to take the bloody thing back to the post office when I send my eBay stuff tomorrow?

Redglitter Sun 26-Nov-17 16:59:12

I'd go and just leave it on their doorstep next time you know they're in

blueskyinmarch Sun 26-Nov-17 16:59:23

Pop a note through their door tonight telling them you are taking it to the PO tomorrow. I bet they will be round for it in a jiffy.

lunar1 Sun 26-Nov-17 17:01:08

Sorry, I should have said, I put a note through on day 3. I don't dare leave it on the doorstep, I signed for it, I might get a bill of it gets pinched.

FleagleBingoDrooperSnork Sun 26-Nov-17 17:03:07

Can you see if you can find a landline phone number for them as a one last attempt? Maybe they might answer the phone. Mind you... if they are not answering the door when they know there is a parcel with a neighbour.....

PhuntSox Sun 26-Nov-17 17:04:16

I would just wait for them to collect it, if it takes months then so be it!

OtterInDisgrace Sun 26-Nov-17 17:04:21

How weird!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 26-Nov-17 17:04:25

I'd leave it in their doorstep, having done what you have.

OtterInDisgrace Sun 26-Nov-17 17:06:24

Maybe they’re trying to pull a fast one with the delivery company and say they didn’t receive said parcel, and then once they’ve been refunded or whatever they’ll be round to collect it.

(Grasping at straws as to why anybody wouldn’t want to collect a parcel they know is at a neighbour’s. )

OnionKnight Sun 26-Nov-17 17:06:49

I'd leave it on their doorstep.

I've never understood people who don't collect their parcels from neighbours ASAP.

fairgame84 Sun 26-Nov-17 17:07:05

Just keep it until they come for it. I wouldn't waste your time trying to take it round, if they can't be arsed then why should you be arsed. Don't take anything else in for them again. What odd behaviour.

Redglitter Sun 26-Nov-17 17:07:32

In that case I'd shove it in the shed or something and let it lie there til they come for it. I certainly wouldn't go round again

If you're worried because you've signed for it id be concerned that returning it would cause problems too.

I'd still go for leaving it at the door though 😁

Madbengalmum Sun 26-Nov-17 17:07:46

Take to post office and make a mental note not to sign for anything for them again.

BarbaraofSevillle Sun 26-Nov-17 17:14:57

They never answer the door, unless pre-arranged (as in the case of the takeaway). They must be Mumsnetters.

I'd just put it out of the way somewhere and let them come and get it. They know where it is, unless they have a dog that may have eaten the note? But then I wouldn't answer the door until they'd been half a dozen times. We can all play that game.

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sun 26-Nov-17 17:26:36

Does anyone remember the thread where the op was getting all cross because people were knocking on her door to pick up a parcel? In her mind people should wait in and wait for someone to drop it round.

What if these neighbours are like that but also they are like other MNers who refuse to answer the door?

1DAD2KIDS Sun 26-Nov-17 17:27:15

Are they expecting a Writ?

LaurieFairyCake Sun 26-Nov-17 17:27:53

I'd leave it outside and shout through their letterbox 'your parcels outside, your takeaway driver says your in'

EastMidsMummy Sun 26-Nov-17 17:27:58

The Post Office won't want it.

ItsHuge Sun 26-Nov-17 17:29:17

I'd hang on to it and not worry about it. Obviously I'd not take parcels for them again.
Where is the parcel from?

lunar1 Sun 26-Nov-17 17:30:04

Hmmm, maybe they are a mumsnetter, if you are reading No.42, get your butts round here. It's from grupon and I'm getting curious. grin

BenLui Sun 26-Nov-17 17:30:29

This exactly this is the the reason that I think that MNers who ignore the doorbell are completely bonkers.

Is it a really big parcel OP? You can’t just shove it in a cupboard?

lunar1 Sun 26-Nov-17 17:37:58

It's about double the size of a shoe box and it's currently on the bottom of my stairs opposite the front door.

OtterInDisgrace Sun 26-Nov-17 17:41:57

It’s just weird that they’ve ordered something and now seemingly don’t want it. Truly bizarre.

picklemepopcorn Sun 26-Nov-17 17:47:11

Ring the company that delivered it or Groupon and ask them to take it back.

BarbaraofSevillle Sun 26-Nov-17 17:49:15

Maybe it's a Christmas present for someone in the household and letting it sit in your house is avoiding them having to get it into the house and hidden away to not spoil the surprise?

Or someone has been doing a bit too much online shopping and if another parcel arrives, there will be a row?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now