Talk

Advanced search

To kick everyone on this bus who cheered?

(117 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Sayyouwill Fri 24-Nov-17 18:14:26

So I'm sat on a very full bus and there was a lady with a young toddler in a pram. I can see where you think this is going... but no, not a bus/wheelchair debate, don't worry.

So the toddler was clearly upset at something and was crying and groaning. The mum was talking to her, pulling faces, rocking the pushchair (as best you can when the safety lock is on) to settle the toddler. Tbf, she looked knackered and at her wits end. When she pressed the bell to get off people cheered. As she was pushing the pram down he aisle one man yelled "thank god! Keep them indoors if you can't control them".
She looked so hurt!
I was raging! The poor woman was trying her best and it was a toddler for god's sake!!
I sort of said loudly and generally for them to pack it in but was drowned out by the cheers and giggles from everyone.
I'm still annoyed!

DotDashBeep Fri 24-Nov-17 18:15:28

hmm

honeysucklejasmine Fri 24-Nov-17 18:16:10

What an arsehole.

Witsender Fri 24-Nov-17 18:16:10

I'd have got the toddler out to be fair, depending on the child obviously.

But yanbu, people can be arseholes. I'd have said something too.

sooperdooper Fri 24-Nov-17 18:16:59

What a bunch of arses, poor womansad

Council Fri 24-Nov-17 18:17:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WinnerWinnerChickenDinner0 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:17:32

Poor woman. People can be so cruel.
I remember every time a stranger gave me a supportive smile when my ds was kicking off and try to pay it back whenever I can

mumonashoestring Fri 24-Nov-17 18:18:16

Seriously? Did they all know each other or something? Or did you just manage to catch the special outing for people who've read about public transport before but never actually tried it?

Hopefully something unpleasant will befall them all over the weekend.

Mittens1969 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:18:24

That's really awful, poor woman. People can really be unkind sometimes. hmm

kaitlinktm Fri 24-Nov-17 18:18:38

How horrible - there truly are some hateful people about. The poor woman.

WorraLiberty Fri 24-Nov-17 18:18:57

What Council said.

mustbemad17 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:19:58

I find the death stare works wonders in situations like these. My response to the wanker who told her to keep the baby at home would have been take your own damn advice you selfish prick. I'm not very good at keeping my tongue when I see things like this because I was that parent at one point!!

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Fri 24-Nov-17 18:19:59

Mince314 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:22:27

Poor woman.

MissionItsPossible Fri 24-Nov-17 18:25:25

Cannotwillnot Fri 24-Nov-17 18:26:43

Natsku Fri 24-Nov-17 18:28:06

Poor woman, I always try and give a sympathetic look to those in that situation, have always appreciated it when I've received one.

Agustarella Fri 24-Nov-17 18:31:32

Bahhhhhumbug Fri 24-Nov-17 18:33:51

I was on a packed train once when a man was driving the whole packed carriage mad with his loud business speak conversations all on speaker. He went to the loo and someone threw his phone out the window and everyone else cheered and nobody dobbed in the man who did it when he returned to no phone and lots of stifled giggling etc. It made the newspapers.
So l can believe everyone joined in as it only takes one to stick head over parapet and say what a lot of people are thinking. Unfortunately some people are always going to get annoyed whether it's a loud phone conversation or a toddler crying as both can be quite grating in a confined space.

Namechangetempissue Fri 24-Nov-17 18:34:05

What nice people hmmangry
I know whiny kids can be annoying -but I also remember the awful feeling of everyone staring when mychild had a cry/tantrum/meltdown in public. I would say the vast majority of us have experienced it at some point. I think some have selective memories/a stick up their judgy arse.
I would have been massively tempted to give everyone the finger on the way off. Not terribly clever but satisfying.

user1495832265 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:34:08

hmm

What council said.

mustbemad17 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:35:11

I find gobby teenagers much more annoying than unhappy babies. Sadly we have lots of those here!

Caulk Fri 24-Nov-17 18:37:32

How full a bus are we talking? One other person or a full bus of 70?

user1495832265 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:38:22

Good catch, mission.

Xeneth88 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:40:18

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now